Madison Cunningham "Pin It Down"...........

Sunil

Gold Supporting Member
Madison has been on Chris Thile's Prairie Home Companion show a couple of times. I first saw her when she open up for the Punch Brothers last year. I was completely blown away by her phenomenal guitar playing, great voice, and beautifully crafted and often off-kilter compositions. She's a very sophisticated musician deserving of much more attention. Her new full length album, Who Are You Now?, just came out and I've listening to it non-stop for a week. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Last edited:

Trevordog

Yeah, I discovered her about a year ago covering Judee Sill and Nick Drake. When you can cover those two this well, unaccompanied, there's definitely something goin' on there.
Her original stuff is good, but not on that level...

Last edited:

thrashmetl

Madison has been on Chris Thile's Prairie Home Companion show a couple of times. I first saw her when she open up for the Punch Brothers last year. I was completely blown away by her phenomenal guitar playing, great voice, and beautifully crafted and often off-kilter compositions. She's a very sophisticated musician deserving of much more attention. Her new full length album, Who Are You Now?, just came out and I've listening to it non-stop for a week. I couldn't recommend it more highly.
My brother went to one of those shows too, told me about her the next morning and I’ve been listening ever since. It’s hard for me to get into new music at my age, but she is absolutely fantastic.

xtian

Been wondering where Madison got her awesome sense of harmony and dissonance--at times her choices remind me of Julian Lage. Really great stuff.