Maestro FSH-1 video and mods?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dksouthpaw, Aug 26, 2008.

1. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

So there used to be one or two videos of a FSH-1 clone on youtube but i can't find them anymore. anybody have any? or know where some are at?

also i know i can get the PCB board and the instructions from Tonepad and GGG, but where a good site for all the additional mods you can do?

thanks guys!

-david

2. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

All the mods are built into the Tonepad PCB. I had the original video on youtube but removed it to stop people from using it to sell my pedals at grossly inflated prices.

3. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

ah thats right! i just remember seeing the video once. Sorry for people making it hard to have the pedal up, there seems to be one demo out there but doesn't really go through what the pedal can do like yours did.

and yes after further reading i see that all the mods are on there, i was expecting just a stone PCB and have to add the mods extra.

-dk

4. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Yeah its pretty straightforward. Honestly the filter is pretty lacking on the FSH1 IMO. Its really watery and super lossy as well so you would be wise to add a simple boost to the end of the pedal circuit to tack on some extra volume. I would also recommend a simple buffer on the input to eliminate any ticking from the S&H circuit. If I was to build more I would skip the attack and decay mods. They dont do a whole lot although the boost could make them a little more worthwhile. The schem calls for some silly 2m2 pot for the resonance but you can just use a 1 meg with no problem. In fact I think all but the range pot can be 1 meg pots but I dont really remember. The hardest part will be finding a good noise transistor. Just try to find the worst quality noisy transistors you can get and see what happens. Youll know the good ones when you plug them in and get instant perfect bandwidth in the s&h section. A lot of them will sound muffled though so just keep trying different ones.

5. dksouthpaw

dksouthpaw Member

thank you sir! i've thought about trying to do something like a zvex SHO inside of it, so that could do the boost portion-i'll keep everything else in mind. probably wont get around to this project till later this fall. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

-dk