Magic Brit MK II TB86 for sale, no trades please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gushtone

Gold Supporting Member
SOLD to a soon to be VERY happy new owner!!! Hi all I am lucky enough to have two of Mike's Brit's. Unfortunately costs of building out my new studio are killing me, and several choice amps and effects are going up for sale. First up, a SMOKIN' deal on a top notch Magic Brit:

Magic Brit MK II TB86 - I bought this one about 2 years ago from a fellow TGP'er. When I bouht it I sent it straight to Mike for a fairly serious set of updates to his latest (at that time) spec. This is one of the original early tag board models, with all the nice mustard caps and such. Runs all Mercury Magnetics transformers, an original 8ohm Blue and some really nice NOS (marked Seimens maybe?) Russian EL84 equivalents (forget the model and maker but will check). It sounds heavenly. It has the totally bitchin Bluesbreaker styl egrille cloth and happens to have the distinction of being the only Brit TB86 built with the white jacks on the right. It's very difficult to define the differences between this one and my other one, but in short, I find this one to have a touch more bottom end, and to give up the grind just a hair sooner. It is in perfect working order and sings like an early 60's Vox AC15.

Mike will be selling these again now in two new formats for $2499. But no longer in this version, which is one Top Boost channel and one EF86 channel. I love both channels for different reasons. TB is grinding and rich, sparkly and detailed, EF86 is raw and open, but similarly detailed but without the extra sparkle (still has plenty, just not Top Boost style).

I am hesitant to use the term mint on any "used" amp, but this thing is in fantastic shape. It may have a smudge or two and some dust under the handle, but I really see nothing of note. It is in absolutely gorgeous shape both physically and technically. With bitchin' Bluesbreaker style grille cover. Get this beauty for the very reasonable price of $1800!!! shipped and paypal'd !!!! to your door, continental US.

No trades please:
Update: Might accept a partial trade for a nice maple relic tele neck, nitro, large frets, < 10" radius, no fake wear on the back, and a med to large profile. No other trades considered.

Last edited:

gushtone

Gold Supporting Member
Bump
Might accept a partrial trade for a nice maple relic tele neck, nitro, large frets, < 10" radius, no fake wear on the back, and a med to large profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics