Magnatone 410 amp question

muddyblues45

Silver Supporting Member
Hi all,
I have recently purchased a vitnatge Magnatone 410. I never looked at the schematics of the amp until recently and was surprised to see that these came with a 3 inch 4 ohm tweeter to compliment a 12 inch 4ohm speaker. Mine however has only has one EV 12 inch speaker in 4 ohms (checked with a multimeter). Its funny because the scehmatic paper attached to the inside of the cab of my amp has the amp with a tweeter. Everything on my amp is stock with no hole for a tweeter on the baffle and was wondering if anyone could give me any insight on this. Do you think the OT and speaker might be mismatched?

Diablo1

Yep, Magnatone was loosey goosey with their schematics. My M13 schematic doesn't match the actual amp circuit, and my amp is also missing the tweeters with no cutouts in the cab for them. My amp is actually an M13A, but Magnatone decided to slap an M13 schematic in the amp. As far as I know, they may not have drawn an M13A schematic.

muddyblues45

Silver Supporting Member
I never knew about that with Magnatones. I know Gibson was like that with a lot of their amps, but not the Maggies. Its funny how a lot of older amp companies are lax in some areas with their products, but the build quality is usually stellar.

cheeseflavor

Platinum Supporting Member
I know this is an older post I'm replying to, but I just purchased a 410 minus the tweeter or the location in baffle for it. It's a '62, all original and except for the stock Oxford speaker (it's got to go) will make a great amp.

This is my second Maggie. The other is a Da Vinci DVAS (same as the Maggie 213). That is a fantastic amp.

Got to love a Maggie!

-Steve

Drak

I used to own 2 M10's and an M4 (maybe they were M10A's), one had the tweeter, one didn't.
Trust me, you ain't missing a thing by not having it.

I turned one of them into a 3-10 suitcase lil' monster.
That was not an easy project, but a lot of fun in the end, it looked bone stock when I was done but certainly didn't sound like one.

I have had so many old vintage combo amps that really only needed some basic tech servicing and new speakers and WHAM!, completely different and much better sounding amp with a new speaker.

Trending Topics