Magnatone Lyric

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by petty1818, Sep 5, 2015.

1. petty1818

petty1818 Member

I am just wondering if anyone has had a chance to try the Magnatone Lyric? I played a Varsity reverb a few weeks ago and was blown away by the tone. However, it was just far too loud for my needs. There's not much out there on the Lyric and I will admit that the 10" speaker made me think of it as more of a home amp. However, Magnatone has just released a 12" version, which seems like it could be a great gigging amp. I just have not heard a demo or seen much discussion on either version.

2. eGGz

eGGz Member

3. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

Also interested.

4. FFTT

FFTT Member

Duuno about the Lyric, but the Twilighter is awesome!

5. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

I tried one of these this past weekend when I was visiting Vancouver. It actually sounded incredible! I didn't realize it was single ended, but had the charm of one, with the body and shoulder of a bigger amp because of the cab and speaker.

I can't find a ton of video demos though, unfortunately. Anyone rocking one these days?

6. Peppy

Peppy Member

I have a 2013 Varsity. I have played the 10" Lyric. Not quite the 'bigness' of my Varsity but it will hold its own at a smaller gig. While Magnatone rates an amp's wattage at lower levels it seems a lot more in person and playing through one of their models.