• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Magnatone Tornado

eurotrashed

I got offered a 1966 (MIJ) model in trade for a parts caster.

I can't find much about how much its worth or much into about it.

The picture I got shows its in pretty damn good shape. Black with some Gretsch looking P90s.

Trying to decide if taking this would be a better choice than a MIM Strat that I was also offered.

phantasm

take the Magnatone ( or give me info on who to contact to get it).
They're cool and it may be hard to find another. MIM strats are a dime a dozen- you can find one of those any day of the week.

No idea how the magnatone sounds or what it's actually worth. If it's from the 60's someone would charge an arm and a leg even if it sounds like crap and has very few original parts.

phantasm

If it's been up there for a while, it's not worth that much.
I'd pay $300 tops honestly.
Like i said, if it's from the 60's, someone will jack up the price even if it's pure junk.

eurotrashed

Got a quote from a vintage guitar shop and they said its worth $500-900 depending on the condition. It has the original Dearmond pickups and Kluson tuners.

nmiller

Drowning in lap steels
'60s Magnatones sell for a wide range of prices these days, but for one in good condition they average in the $5-700 range. They're reasonably nice guitars, made in the US, but not nearly as well-built or valuable as the earlier Mark series. The original pickups sound great.

garretrevels

I've been gassing for a Magnatone guitar. and yeah they're not MIJ they were made in California if I remember correctly.

That Tornado looks nice, I'd say from following Magnatone auctions etc...for a while now, it'd probably worth somewhere around $500-$750

So yeah I'd say a way better choice than the MIM strat, hey are a dime a dozen, you won't have many opportunities to grab something as cool as a Magnatone for a partscaster too often.

No brainer IMO

eurotrashed

I've been gassing for a Magnatone guitar. and yeah they're not MIJ they were made in California if I remember correctly.

That Tornado looks nice, I'd say from following Magnatone auctions etc...for a while now, it'd probably worth somewhere around $500-$750

So yeah I'd say a way better choice than the MIM strat, hey are a dime a dozen, you won't have many opportunities to grab something as cool as a Magnatone for a partscaster too often.

No brainer IMO
sent you a private message

Trending Topics