• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mahogany Strats?

Tompski

Silver Supporting Member
High there
has anybody here got or played a Strat with a Mahogany neck or body or both, I thought a neck might give my Strat a lot more juice and warmth, but if I do change it it will definately have to retain it's strat characteristics, which it should as that has a lot to do with the pickups, anyone care to share any light on this?

T

gkoelling

Did you mean a Pine neck? or body? I am led to beleive the neck makes more difference to the tone.
Just the body. Pine is way too soft for a neck and with a pine body you'll get warmer tones with your typical maple or maple/rosewood Strat neck.

Here's a thread with plenty of pine goodness.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/370889&highlight=pinewood

There's a Strat somewhere late in the thread, it's mine and has a typical maple neck and lots of fat, warm, stratty tones.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I have the mahogany HSS American Special Strat that MF and a few other places sell.

Except for the humbucker in the bridge, it still sounds like a Strat. It's a fantastic guitar.

Trending Topics