Major change coming in our forum software

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by Brian Scherzer, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Click on the number under your name "Messages" to see your posts. Do a search, click "More" and put your user name in and then "Threads" as return.

2. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

I was unable to use forum runner for TGP and this is the first time I've attempted to use on a computer. Not a fan of the new look at all, way too much spacing and way too big fonts, etc... that coupled with no forum runner is kind of a non-starter for me, but I'll try and plod along.

3. iaresee

iaresee Member

Click on user name -> Profile Page -> Information -> Find all threads by <username>

For example, for you: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?search/35877/

4. daacrusher2001

daacrusher2001 Silver Supporting Member

Guys, I find the new site has some better features. Search, in particular, is way better. The look/feel is different but not really better or worse, just different.

It'll take me awhile to figure out many of the features - I think it's good upgrade.

5. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

That's a bummer that Tapatalk won't work.......that's the main way I use TGP.

6. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Again, requesting help to find "ignore thread" function. Will a moderator please help? Thank you.

7. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Is it simply not possible to "ignore thread" with the new software? I see you can still "subscribe" to a thread.

8. Tom CT

Tom CT Old Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

There isn't one. Alec has said there's currently no way to implement this feature on this version (the most current) of Xenforo.

9. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Great.....

Thanks for the replay, Tom.

More progress, huh? I know the admin. is doing his best, but gee whiz....

10. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

As soon as the plug-in for that is updated for the most current version of Xenforo, we'll add it. Until then... patience.

11. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Thanks. Never been my strong suit, but I will try.

12. blueswah

blueswah Silver Supporting Member

Is there a way to search a Forum like before?
    For example you could click on the Forum Name like: "The Gear" or "Gear Video & Soundclips Demo Areas"
    To the right there used to be a Search function that allowed you to search all the Sub-Headings of that Forum.
    As it's currently set up while viewing any of the Sub-Headings there is a Search tool for that Sub-Heading but the "Global Search" for each particular Forum appears to be gone.

13. Brian Scherzer

Brian Scherzer Staff Member

Right now the only way that I know to do this is to go to the forum you want to do a search in and then click "Search". One of the options is to only search that topic area. There is probably an easier way but that's the only way I know of at the moment. If someone has a better answer, please let us know!

14. Coldacre

Coldacre Supporting Member

this is only a really small issue, minuscule in fact; but with threads that have multiple pages and you want to go to the last page - when you hover your mouse over the thread title sometimes the pages underneath appear, sometimes they do not. if this one doesn't get addressed it really isn't a big deal, just mentioning it.

15. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Can anybody tell me how to edit my signature? Used to be an option to do that. My sig now is a jumble of numbers and letters. (like me)

16. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Go here

17. Faded

Faded Member

The new software is great. Thanks Brian and Alec and the mods. I wasnt so sure initially, but the functionality is great and it adds to the "experience" if you will in a positive way. Thanks for taking the plunge.

Also I like how its a quality mobile platform too. Makes the forum apps obsolete.

Scott Peterson likes this.
  18. stekks

stekks Member

I like the new forum software! Fast and a nice fresh look. Thanks for good work, admins!

Only suggestion I have is make the thread headers in the forums use less vertical space, so more threads fit in the scream. Omitting the avatar of the thread starter isn't a big deal IMO.

19. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Thanks!

20. Craig Walker

Craig Walker WHO DAT!! Gold Supporting Member

Forgive my ignorance, but why is that so important? :huh