Major high end suck during rehearsal, culprit was...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by reddog112, Jul 20, 2008.

1. reddog112

reddog112 Member

My damn Strobostomp 2! Went right down the line until I got to it. Jiggled the crappy plastic jacks and my Budda came back to life. Anybody else notice this? Is it time for a looper?

2. reddog112

reddog112 Member

3. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

I had a Peterson strobostomp for 6 months or so with no issues at all. Then 1 day the Display just started pulsating out of control even with it bypassed it was still going crazy. off, on , off, on really quick like it had a bad solder joint, sent it back, got another from peterson that one worked fine for almost a year before the jacks on the back started going.

After being on 3 gigs with my sound cutting in and out I ended up buying a Korg Dt-10 and have had it for 2 years with no issues:) $100 some odd dollars cheaper and the dt10 aluminum chassis with metal jacks vs the plastic ones on the strobostomp have me convinced the dt10 is better for gigging musicians. For total acuracy the Strobostomp is a better tuner perfect for home playing and studios etc. In a Bar or club where people just trample all over the place i dunno, thats the environment where my peterson failed in.

4. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

I say, its time to get your tuners out of the main signal path.

That's how I roll...

5. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

Just did that - :) re-wired a new board .. a good way to have 1 less tainter of signal in the chain.

6. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

You guys need a Union Station by Pedalboard Junction - I love mine so much I might just need another for the new amp.

7. reddog112

reddog112 Member

That looks like a nice neat solution....thanks