Major Micro Synth choice!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fishlog, Jun 16, 2008.

1. fishlog

fishlog Member

So I bought one of the old Micro Synths in the old aluminum casings and was having problems with it. in the mean time I ordered the new version from AnalogMan (Thanks Mike!).

In the past few days I tweaked the crap out of the old ones trim pot and got it running.

So I get the new one today.

For 2.5 hours now I have been comparing the 2 ( I can and really only want to keep one).

The new one ($265) the effect is more pronounced (more of your guitar comes through less synth like but killer), True ByPass, very clear more of my guitar comes through it. Smaller casing, 9V. 3/4 to half the sustain.

The Old one ($150 eBay) Less pronounced effect (more Synth like and killer), Not true by pass. Large retro casing 24 Volt. Tons of sustain.

The sustain is killing me on the new one it just does not hold to it.

Like I said 2.5 hours of tweaking and A/B ing the 2 and I can't decide.

Any thoughts?

2. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Sounds like EHX raped another classic pedal just to put it in a smaller box.

3. enocaster

enocaster Member

I'm really curious to hear any more A/B comparisons.

4. silencer eleven

silencer eleven Member

keep the old one. if it sounds better then who cares about TB. and if TB is really an issue get a looper for it. used to own one and that pedal dialed in just kills and the sustain makes it, even try running a delay behind it with a compressor in front.

Jordan

5. fishlog

fishlog Member

Thanks for the help guys. I'll A/B them more tonight but for now I think the old version is the keeper, not that the new one isn't great its just ... different. More transparent but I think with a synth effect your not looking for transparency.

Its weird all it once its transparent yet the effect is greater. I think it has to do with a better filter and it certainly does trigger faster. But no sustain. The old one just beautifully warps the sound the longer you hold the note.