Major Wampler GAS

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by el34power, Feb 24, 2009.

1. el34power

el34power Member

Damn it!!!! Why is it when i think i have it down. Something else comes along..

If i had the bucks i would get a Pinnacle, a plextrotion, and an ecstasy to be my solo boost.

Anybody use the ecstasy as a solo boost after a tube zone or something really dirty?

2. sidehatch

sidehatch Member

No, I havent but I've recently discovered brians pedals. I now have the echo,cranked AC and plexidrive and my buddy has my prextortion.

I love a lot of different fx pedals for different reasons but Brians pedals are probably the only pedals I have played thru that sound like amps. I think its because he designs most of them areound run of the mill fender tube amps like deville's ans SF and BF amps.

I have a soulsonic LM308 (Rat) that I love but it sounds great pushing an amp or adding to the sound my amp has same with my zenkudo and dumkudo(dumble realm) and my timmy,katana etc.

The wampler pedals sound like I switched heads and now have another amp. I think of them as modeling pedals but they aren't digital modeling. Its analog modeling!

I still like my old orange plextortion even though I dont have his new version. His old one has two footswitches - an fx on/off and a dedicated solo boost with its own volume control and the pedal is actually quite small. For that alone I like the old version better.

I wish Wampler the kind of business success Keeley and fulltone have and the prestige that BJF and Cornish have. His pedals are certainly worthy.

3. Sikor

Sikor Member

Ecstasy as a solo bost? This pedal is so much better than a boost :BEER
    I have Super Ecstasy version and really like it alone, great pedal.
    Only the bass-boost is much to much for me. Even the lower setting boost base veeery strong.

I am gasing now for Plexidrive :drool

4. el34power

el34power Member

i can imagine it's better than a simple boost. But i need something not too sterile, I didn't like the RC booster for example, not too middy.. even the Barber silver LTD was a little too much. So the ecstasy sounds right in the middle.

I would likr to get the Plextortion further down the line, but my Tube zone is doing a job as my main sound

5. astonvillan

astonvillan Member

I have the old big box Ecstasy and I keep the switch in the middle setting.
    Much LOUDER in this setting.
    I don't use the "Dumble" or "Ecstasy" settings.
    Can be used as boost with gain low and volume high but I use it for a nice breakup.

6. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

I love my Super Ecstasy...I use it as an OD.....It's amazing...This pedal, my Radial Tonebone Classic tube OD and Jetter GSR and GSP make an incredible set of tones available.....

7. Sikor

Sikor Member

Am I missing something? Dumble/Ecstasy is a 2-way switch,
    so either You have to switch it to Dumble or Ecstasy position :huh