Malekko Ekko 600 or Deep Blue Delay?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by porsch8, Jan 4, 2008.

1. porsch8

porsch8 Member

Both seem fairly high quality and good reviews.
    Both 600ms, self-oscillate, true bypass

The Malekko wins for stereo outputs. DBD for resell value / reputation

2. nibus

nibus Silver Supporting Member

Judging from purely clips I have heard, I have to say the Deep Blue has a better sound. It is extremely dynamic, and somehow the repeats don't get in the way of what's being played, even if the repeats are set extremely long. They also have this incredibly organic delay quality I haven't heard from other delays. Of course I have never played it, so take this with a grain of salt...

However, the Melekko is true analog and does have the wet/dry outputs which is fun. Either way you'd have a killer sound.

3. gregory49

gregory49 Member

deep blue delay. i have one.. its amazing.

4. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

5. musickbox

musickbox Member

I think both sound different and are trying to do different things. The E600 is an analog pedal with those "ufo" repeats that I love so much. It's not trying to sound like a tape delay. The DBD is the opposite. It's trying to sound like tape delay and it's also a digital pedal (which to me doesn't really matter). In features alone, I would go with the E600. You can put and expression pedal and have trails when the pedal is bypassed. That sold me right there. If your looking for a good delay like the DBD, checkout the Thundertweak Delay. It's sold at Tone Factor and seems to be a well kept secret. I not played it though. I am suggesting it based on reviews and price.

6. dB

dB Supporting Member

I've had a DBD for a few weeks and just got the Malekko bright about a week ago. I am having a tough time deciding which to keep (unfortunately I can't afford to keep two $250 delays). They both cover a bit of similar ground....so you can get in the same ballpark with either. But, they both have their unique flavor. To my ears the Malekko has an almost reverb quality to it which makes it a little more spatial. The DBD has a really great tape echo type of delay. I'd say the Malekko is quite different from any other delay I have ever played, which, to me, makes it more inspiring as a creative tool.

7. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Supporting Member

8. utterhack

utterhack Gold Supporting Member

How many of the folks recommending the DBD have spent time with the Malekko? No horse in this race; just wondering...

9. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

good point.

10. pen15

pen15 Member

i thought true bypass pedals dont do trails....:confused:

11. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

I'll guess the answer is: "None"?

"Ok... let me seeeee NONE!"

[​IMG]

:D