• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Malekko Ekko 600 (vid)

fatback

Here's a cozy fireside moment with the Ekko 600 (bright). I'm loving the texture of the repeats on this guy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-792431262323358314&hl=en

in order, I go through:

-Edge style rhythm repeats
-self oscillation on long delays with the feedback up.
-dotted eighth echoes
-slapback

Malekko makes a bright and dark version of this delay. I have the bright version which is closer to a DMM. The dark, I've been told is closer to the tone of a tape delay.

With lush tone, features, and a nice small size, the Ekko 600 is a welcome addition to my rig.
:AOK

Sid

hey fatback...great vid as usual!! how does it compare to the memory man and the ad999 am looking for the memory mans lushness in a smaller footprint

fatback

hey fatback...great vid as usual!! how does it compare to the memory man and the ad999 am looking for the memory mans lushness in a smaller footprint
I don't have either of those on hand to directly compare, but I'm really liking the warm character of the Ekko 600. If you are looking for maximum lushness than maybe the Ekko 600 dark would be more of your style. You might try dropping Malekko a line and see what he (Josh) thinks would work best for you.

:)

dB

Silver Supporting Member
Nice demo...are you running it in buffer or true bypass mode?

fatback

Nice demo...are you running it in buffer or true bypass mode?

It was in the buffer mode.

i'm a fan of the malekko delay ...

but it really does sound a lot muddier than your maxon in your videos.

The AD-900 may win for clarity, but the Ekko 600 has much better oscilation and is much vibier in the way that the repeats morph and mutate. The second output and the expression input are also welcome additions, not to mention it's smaller footprint. I actually am keeping both on my board now.

:YinYang

Sid

I don't have either of those on hand to directly compare, but I'm really liking the warm character of the Ekko 600. If you are looking for maximum lushness than maybe the Ekko 600 dark would be more of your style. You might try dropping Malekko a line and see what he (Josh) thinks would work best for you.

:)
cool man thanks a lot....my memory man right now just adds lushness for my solos......i dont generally like loud repeats during solos....so its more ambient than anything else...i think i will end up contacting josh soon....:RoCkIn

dB

Silver Supporting Member
Fatback - do you remember what your settings were for these clips? I especially liked the first two.

Trending Topics