Malekko Ekko 600 (vid)

fatback

sounds great!

the exp pedal input. does it control the feedback level?
Yup, or as he calls it on the pedal, "regen.". It's a very cool feature for easing in and out of self-oscillation.

Fatback - do you remember what your settings were for these clips? I especially liked the first two.

Jack - I'm not sure of the exact settings but this will get you in the ballpark:

delay - 3-4:00
echo - 1:00
excess - noon (for the second part I dimed it.)

:YinYang

kenoflife

Silver Supporting Member
i'm a fan of the malekko delay ...

but it really does sound a lot muddier than your maxon in your videos. :jo
well I got the pedal on your recommendation jon, and wound up with
the 'bright' version - which is a lot less muddier and really works for me -
did you try that one as well?

Rid

Most sweet indeed!!
Warm and grungy...just how I love them:D
And as usual a killer demo!

Jagsound

Hi Fatback,

Is that definitely the bright version because the picture of the pedal is the darker green one which is supposed to be the dark version?

The lighter coloured green looks almost yellow - right? I'm thinking of buying one and just want to be sure which is which. Great vid by the way, like the sounds so this would be the one I'd probably like.

Cheers

Ben C.

Hi Fatback,

Is that definitely the bright version because the picture of the pedal is the darker green one which is supposed to be the dark version?

The lighter coloured green looks almost yellow - right? I'm thinking of buying one and just want to be sure which is which. Great vid by the way, like the sounds so this would be the one I'd probably like.

Cheers
In it's current incarnation, the bright versions are yellow, and the dark versions are green.
Prior to the 2 models, they were ALL green, and some were modded to be brighter. So they'd be the bright version, but in a green box.

So if you're ordering new, yellow = bright. If you're picking up used, check with the seller!

http://www.malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php?page=effects-pedals

-Ben

Jagsound

Thanks Ben C.

All I need to know now is what model Fatback was using in the vid - it had a blue light when switched on, which would seem to indicate that it was the dark version before Malekko went to the different colours?

Ben C.

Thanks Ben C.

All I need to know now is what model Fatback was using in the vid - it had a blue light when switched on, which would seem to indicate that it was the dark version before Malekko went to the different colours?
He says in his initial post that it is the bright model.
John is pretty on-the-ball, so I'd take him at his word! I agree, it looks completely like the new dark model (t/b switch on the side), but perhaps he had it modded to bright specs.

Malekko

Hey.
When we discovered that moving the true bypass/buffer toggle to the side would allow us to increase delay time (to about 650ms!) and give us zero clock noise. We had some already in back stock built. At Malekko, me and a couple others work very hard (7 days a week) to keep up with things, so if you order a pedal it ships usually right away...not months..years etc.
So i modded the back stock we had to bright specs, drilled a hole on the side for the new toggle position and covered the old hole with a sticker. I sold a couple at a discounted rate and a gave a couple away to friends. Also if someone sends me a pedal to be modded, that's how it is returned. When buying a used E600 you will want to ask a few things...the first thing is where is the position of the T/B toggle, if it's on the side it is up to current spec. also is the screening for the T/B on the side where the toggle is? If it isnt, and it's at the back, it's one of the "blems" or modded pedals i just spoke of.

Fatbacks E600 is a "bright" version, for a BBD delay it's pretty darn bright.
If you have any more questions feel free to email me malekkoheavyindustry@gmail.com