Malekko spring chicken still available?

colinesquire

I know that these have been discontinued but wondering if anyone knew of anyplace that might have them in stock? I really love the drip they have that seems hard to nail in a pedal verb. Tonebug reverb is an option but I prefer the malekko if I can track one down. Thanks.

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
They come up quite often lately at the emporium for more or less what you'd pay for a new one.

VHS analog

Silver Supporting Member
The Spring Chicken is a great pedal. Why discontinue a product with steady demand?

nevusofota

I was wondering if I should buy one of the many spring chickens that are still out there for sale or should I wait for the new one. I liked the small size of the original. Hopefully the new one won't be too much larger. Has anyone seen or know of what kind of changes the new pedal will have?

Chonny

The current one is balls to the wall. No offense to Malekko but I would actually be surprised if they topped it.

Get one before the gettin is bad.

Tubbs

The current one is balls to the wall. No offense to Malekko but I would actually be surprised if they topped it.

Get one before the gettin is bad.
there's a DWELL version on ebay now as well as a couple others.

JimmyR

For similar money I waaaaay prefer the Tonebug. It sounds a LOT more like a real reverb to me, and I even like the "modern" setting. So you get two different and frankly much more natural sounding reverbs for the same price. What's not to like? The Spring Chicken sounded like a delay rather than a reverb to me. I honestly couldn't understand the hype over the Spring Chicken. Talk about over-rated!

JimmyR

As much as the Spring Chicken isn't my favourite pedal I LOVE the manual. You will not read a more helpful reference source in your life.

Top Bottom