Malekko Trem vs Lovepedal Tremolo

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dirtytony, Jan 28, 2012.

1. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

Id like to get a new Tremolo, Im searching for a small pedal with a dark pulsing sound, which one is darker between the Malekko and the Lovepedal ??
    (I assume both are analog and true bypass)

thanks for any info

2. carljoensson

carljoensson Member

The little Malekko Trem seems to get really great reviews from people favouring a sweet vintage sinewave trem. Some people are happy with their Babyface tremolo, and for some (me included) it left at a lot to be desired. I'm happy with my big Empress, but might pick up the Malekko for a smaller board (if not the Swamp thang)./C

3. HowardMusic

HowardMusic Member

I haven't compared the Malekko to the Babyface, but I really like the Malekko a lot. It does your basic tremolo effect very well. Simple to use, sounds great, and doesn't take up much space on your board.

4. mangoman

mangoman Gold Supporting Member

Malekko by a mile. You gotta have a depth knob on the outside. The different wave form switch on the Lovepedal looks nice, but the malekko works perfectly for most situations.

5. codetocontra

codetocontra Member

I wouldnt want to start a bitchfest.

The Babyface is quite nice. Internal volume and depth trimmers were fine with me, because I like to set the trem to be heard in a band mix, so they are sort of set and forget controls for me. The big thing I like to control is the rate and wave shape, and the Babyface has 3 different waveforms and a very nice range dialed into the rate pot, which can be set pretty low and very fast.

I sold mine after picking up a Supa Trem. The Babyface sounded almost identical...very impressive. I sold the Supa Trem afer picking up a Tremolessence.

6. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

is the Tremolessence analog ?? I always thought its digital...

7. codetocontra

codetocontra Member

Sales info says "analog signal path and oscillator with digital bypass switching." There are two optocouplers in there. Sounds good to me. Plus it has stereo inputs, which seem to be fairly rare on tremolo pedals.

8. etimaila

etimaila Member

The malekko is just fine - small, sounds great, no volume drop.

9. billyg121

billyg121 Supporting Member

so the babyface sounded identical to the supa?

10. codetocontra

codetocontra Member

At certain settings, yes. "Almost identical." They are both turning the volume up/down. But the controls and character of the modulation of the volume is somewhat similar. I prefer the Supa Trem over the Babyface, but if board space is an issue the Babyface is still a great tremolo with 3 waveforms. SupaTrem can't do ramp!