• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Man, I can't 65 Amps to return my calls/messages...advice?

55hz

I bought an amp and cab that was Vince Gill's. I don't really care about that. It pops, and crackles...I just want them to go through it, fix what needs to fixed and retubed.

I've called and emailed several times... Nothing.

Am I missing something?

earthmud

Gold Supporting Member
I bought an amp and cab that was Vince Gill's. I don't really care about that. It pops, and crackles...I just want them to go through it, fix what needs to fixed and retubed.

I've called and emailed several times... Nothing.

Am I missing something?
Sounds like tubes to me. I would order a new set of matched power tubes and whatever preamp you need before spending money on shipping, unless they are local to you. Cracking and popping is almost always tubes and even if you don't use all the new ones it's always nice to have spares. Does it have a EF86 tube? Have you tried lightly tapping the tubes with the amp on and the retainers off. Use a pencil eraser and if it's a bad tube the cracking and popping should get worse when you lightly tap it.

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like you bought it used. Unless it came with some sort of transferable warranty, if there are issues with it, why not just take it somewhere locally? It sounds like a tube related issue, but even if this isn't the case, I wouldn't imagine it's anything that any tube amp repair person couldn't handle.

wordsonyou

I had a similar experience but got hold of them on facebook message. My amp is on the way to 65amps for warranty work and am hoping they can fix the issues. They seem pretty busy and active, but I have heard that by phone is best. Will let y'all know I get it back.

ELmiguel

preamp tube(s)

Change them one by one until the noise goes away.
If you tap them sometimes they make noise if they are bad.

Power tubes don't normally make those noises.

55hz

It's more than a tube thing. I just want to send the amp back to the manufacturer and have them go over it and retube it like it was new...

rumbletone

Silver Supporting Member
Dan and crew were recently out of town for Sweetwater gear fest, and Dan is out of the country for beginning of July - they may just be very busy and behind on their responses.

rumbletone

Silver Supporting Member
I noticed earlier today that their website was down for "maintenance" which could be "code."
Why do you guys do this? Are you trying to be a jerk, or you just can't help yourselves from suggesting at every turn that there is some drama developing?

'ooh, founder is wearing a red t-shirt today, perhaps it's a sign that they are going out of business...'

Maybe their website is really just down for maintenance, like they have had the courtesy of advising is the case?

Spoonful

Had a similar experience trying to get support from them for a brand new L'il Elvis. It hummed so loud you could hear it in a different room. Ended up returning it to the dealer who ordered in a replacement after we were unable to get a response from 65amps.

When that one came in, we fired it up and it hummed so bad people came from all over the store to see what was making the noise. I gave up at that point.

Never did get a response from 65amps.

EricStratton

Why do you guys do this? Are you trying to be a jerk, or you just can't help yourselves from suggesting at every turn that there is some drama developing?

'ooh, founder is wearing a red t-shirt today, perhaps it's a sign that they are going out of business...'

Maybe their website is really just down for maintenance, like they have had the courtesy of advising is the case?
What I was saying is they might be busy running their business and not immediately available to answer stupid questions. They obviously have other **** going on, man.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
Even if a brand is popular doesn't guarantee they'll have good communication and customer service.

MrFuzzTone

I think 65 amps is set up to build new amps. They are not a repair shop as far as I know. Those are 2 different business models with different pricing and different issues.

Trending Topics