• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Man 'o man, what is PRS doing?

Joe_Steeler

Got a hold of the 2008 price list today and this is the biggest shake up of a product line I've seen in a while.
Still digesting some of the changes....

JPenn

I'll be ready to check out the list. I keep hearing about all the new stuff, but no one tell what it is :FM

Trandy

Silver Supporting Member
They're coming out with a Hollowbody Singlecut.

Two different models...one all-mahogany...and one with a mahogany body and a maple top.

Joe_Steeler

I don't know. I was asked by the person who gave it to me to keep it to myself, for the time being. At least until NAMM comes.
A lot of stuff is already out and it is accurate, but some other stuff is just distorted, word of mouth smoothie talk.

Yes, the ME is out.
The McCarty line is getting a face lift, or not depending on you preferences.
The Standards are getting shocked.
etc.

Wizard of Ozz

Gold Supporting Member
I don't know. I was asked by the person who gave it to me to keep it to myself, for the time being. At least until NAMM comes.
A lot of stuff is already out and it is accurate, but some other stuff is just distorted, word of mouth smoothie talk.

Yes, the ME is out.
The McCarty line is getting a face lift, or not depending on you preferences.
The Standards are getting shocked.
etc.
Any word about ebony being used on Artist package fretboards instead of brazilian rosewood? This is a recent rumor I heard.

Eric Pykala

Some of this stuff is still supposed to be a secret, so I'm surprised it's not all over the net LOL. There is a McCarty Trem; it's called the David Grissom. I played one of the first six, and it's a frighteningly great guitar. Without saying too much, let's just say PRS has had a rethink of the sheer amount of models they were producing and pared it right down. Also, a lot of things will reflect a change in the availability of certain woods, particularily Brazilian rosewood (no surprise there). I'm going to stay quiet about the rest, as NAMM is only a week or so away, but I'm pleased overall.
Just got a new Singlecut Trem with the solid Indian rosewood neck, the same day I find out this model is being discontinued (you can still get a SCT, it's just in the SE series). Never really been a fan of the #6 pups, but bought it knowing I have a pair of WCR Goodwoods which will be in it by the weekend. The RW neck really brings out the low mids, which is an area this guitar needed help in. Nekkid rosewood, yum! Mine is Ruby with an amazing quilt top, gold and birds. Slight derail, but I got the guitar the same day I got the rest of the news...cool stuff happening at PRS.-Eric

OldSchool

I will buy a Used David Grissom sometime next year.

I just traded him something for a credit and its gonna be on hold for the first David Grissom that comes back used. Give me some time to save up some money for one anyways.........I hope to have one by the summer.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
No, what you've done instead is put all of the rest of us on the edges of our seats while you wave your unobtainable price and options list in our faces! :Devil

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
If you want tosee a little more detailed discussion about this...

http://forums.birdsandmoons.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43829
From BAM:

OK, this is just my opinion. Just mine.

But I think all this secrecy, innuendo, and rumor surrounding new or cancelled PRS products is a bunch of crap. The dealers all know, and many if not most have already told their best customers. So what EXACTLY is the problem with it being posted here for all to see? All of this "PM me" and "Email me" what you know is also a bunch of crap. No dealer need be named. No one's *** will be in a wringer. This is just the height of stupidity.

I don't know the answers to what PRS is doing, and frankly it isn't that important to me. But it seems to be real important to a lot of people here, so why not spill it? I haven't seen a decent reason yet by either the mods or any of the "Guess what I know!" posters.

Man up and put it on the page.
I'll say one thing about Zilmo: he can be a bit on the "direct" side at times but he calls 'em as he sees 'em and he's often right. As he is here. This was my point, too, though a bit mellower in my delivery.

P.S. to Joe: Not seriously busting your chops now, just doing it mildly and in good humor. :)

Trending Topics