Man, these Suhr FL's RULE!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by countandduke, Feb 27, 2008.

1. countandduke

countandduke Member

So I bought a used Yamaha Pacifica from a fellow forumite and threw a Duncan 78 in the bridge. The Duncan was very good sounding and very bright. Not brittle but had some extra "cut" to it.

I think I bought the guitar for $175 and it's one of my favorite guitars. Nice big ole frets, very good sounding floyd, playable neck. I didn't care too much for the HS2's in the neck and middle positions and have been DYING to try out the FL's anyways. So....

The FL's RULE is pretty much all I have to say. I'll try making some youtube videos soon so people can get a better idea but I'll try and give a quick blurb about them now.

Mine are the FL standard's and they sound like the best single coils I have ever heard. Very well rounded tone, very organic sounding meaning that they don't sound sterile, not ice-picky in any way, great string to string balance quacky where it should be. I can tell the pickups have a bit more oooomph but not enough to make it out of single-coil land. I have a DSV in the bridge and the FL's seem to be matched perfectly in terms of output. It is really cool to have a bridge pickup NOT overpower the neck and middle pickups.

Anyways, I will make some youtube vids sometime in the next couple days or so...

Well done Suhr/sir.

Chris

2. buchla300

buchla300 Supporting Member

Yamaha make great guitars for the money... even good pickups need a decent support!
    Sound like the FL's are excellent though

3. Frenster

Frenster Put your Rock Face on!

Love my FL/BPSSC setup

4. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

Help me out here. What are FL's? DSV's? BPSSC's? Huh? What?
    I think HS 2's are Dimarzio's. I assume that Suhr makes something here.

We shouldn't forget about the newbies here that have no clue what these abbreviations all mean. I'm slowly getting better at it, but I still get confused sometimes.

5. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

FLs=the Fletcher/Landau single coil pickups made by Suhr Guitars.

DSVs=Double Slug Vintage-voiced humbucker made by Suhr.

BPSSC=Silent Single coil system (dummy coil) made by Suhr.

6. countandduke

countandduke Member

DSV - Double SCREW vintage...? Slug, screw...yep, Suhr.....

I'll change the title if I can.

Chris

7. countandduke

countandduke Member

8. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

9. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Tell me more about the "Vintage 30 Pickup" in your "Deluxe Hot Rod"...hehehehe.