Manlius Fat Diane pickups!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JaiminhoPagina, Feb 22, 2015.

1. JaiminhoPagina

JaiminhoPagina Member

I recently got a set of Manlius Fat Diane pickups for my 99 Les Paul Classic and man.... THEY ROCK!

These are around 8.0k-ish, but still very articulate and dynamic!
    A very good and round bottom end, great mids and a slightly restrained top end.

This guitar in particular is rather bright and lacks a bit of low end. I had the stock ceramics before, then a Manlius Vinyl/Gibson 57 set (the Vinyl is amazing, but I wanted a more bass response with this guitar - the Gibson had good clarity, but lacked mids).

I also installed 500k vol pots, so it helped to open it up a bit, but these pickups got me the PERFECT balance.

[​IMG]IMAG0728

[​IMG]IMAG0726

[​IMG]IMAG0725

Since the guitar is a bit old, I asked Mick to do them lightly aged. They look GREAT too!

[​IMG]IMAG0724

From left to right - R8 with T-Top/Landmark, SG with T-tops and Classic with the Fat Dianes. Full palette of tones!

Don't hesitate to buy from Mick. Great customer service too.
    You won't be disappointed. This is my 3rd or 4th set from him, if it says anything.

2. vanisher16

vanisher16 Member

i put them in a project guitar I have. (an old musicman steve morse). They absolutly kill!! and are so versitile. Manlius is a class act as well. super helpful and willing to customize his suff your each guitar.

3. IRG

IRG Member

I've been thinking of a putting a set in a very nice Epi LP Tribute I have. They have the Gibson '57's in there now, but I want something a bit more modern, for heavier tones - at least in the bridge, and maybe balance it with a Fat Diane in the neck. I might put a Modern/Vintage in the bridge or maybe an Asphalt. I think this guitar might be used for some drop tunings, nothing too odd, maybe Drop D, etc. I have another LP with Burstbuckers in it that I like for blues or classic rock.

Mick is a great guy to work with, I'm hoping to feature his pickups in a future Tone Report article. Plus he's located right up the road from me, bonus!

4. mkr1

mkr1 Supporting Member

I have a set in a McCarty and love them. He adjusted them so I'd have similar split volume ratio to a DGT.

5. ManliusGuitar

ManliusGuitar Member

Thanks fo the kind words guys, really appreciate it!

mick