• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Manlius Pickups - Superb pickups and excellent customer service!!

Chris@TGP

Ok guys, I gotta do this post to let you guys know about the awesome customer service from Mick from Manlius Pickups!
Not only does he do excellent hand-wound pickups (I'm on my 3rd set now) - but the customer service is the best I've seen.

I ordered a complete custom set with black nickel screws and bolts and matte black bobbins. The last detail was accidently overlooked by Mick and he sent me the set in glossy black instead.

So I sent him an e-mail that they look great and if there's any way I can make them matte myself.
He apologized for the overlook, told me to keep the pickups and that he would send me a second set in matte, as ordered, and free of any charge! I didn't even ask for that!
Incredible customer service if you ask me!

The usual way would have been to ship the wrong set back and get the replacement!

I'm still stoked!!!

sickboy79

Mick winds fantastic pickups. I've got two different sets of his Tele pickups. Just fantastic stuff. I would love to try some of his other models at some point.

vanisher16

I have a set in a one off MusicMan that I acquired. They are awesome and deserve the hype. He recommended me a set of FatDiane's for my Custom Steve Morse (poplar body) and man it just sounds perfect for that guitar.

Chris@TGP

My first Manlius was a Distortion which is a 70s period correct SuperD clone - and it is spot on.
I sold all my original 70 SuperD as there was no point in keeping them after I received Mick's pickup.
Plus his Hot Rot '59 neck pickup is a superb pair with the Distortion in the bridge!

DonaldDemon

I have his hot rod PAFs in my Edwards, love them. Great upgrade from the JB/59 set that was in there.

Just ordered a set of Landmarks for my Reverend Bayonet, as the Railhammers sounded a bit too sharp and "hi-fi". Looking forward to getting them put in, not the least reason being that I saw my first loud rock show and a few members of my family worked at the Landmark Theatre in Syracuse, and I wanted my guitar to have a taste of "home cooking" in it. I'll see how these do, and might try others down the road. Very excited.

Chris@TGP

You won't be disappointed. I have no affiliation with Mick or his pickups, but his pickups compare equally or favorably to the ones we have here in Europe (e.g. BKP) - Personally, I'm in the process of replacing all my BKP's with Manlius Pickups!
And that sort of customer service I've never seen from the big "boutique" guys here in Europe! Still impressed by Mick!

Last edited:

dani_boy79

I stumbled across Manlius pickups while looking for vintage spec stratocaster pickups ...I was really looking for non-RWRP middle sets, because I prefer the authenticity and tone from the period correct specification. I am very happy to see that Manlius offers their sets in either configuration ...I have not been able to find another builder offering the service.

Sorry for the necro-post, but I'm looking into getting a set or 2 in the near future!

Jven

Silver Supporting Member
I went through 5 sets before finding a set of rodeo for my tele, one of the nicest tele sounds I’ve heard and played.

mabands

Silver Supporting Member
My experience in working with Mick was excellent and I have two sets of his tele pickups and had some Far Diane’s in an SG I sold. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from him again.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom