Many Fighter Jets at our local airport....Is trouble brewing?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Springfieldscooter, Jan 3, 2018.

1. taez555

taez555 Member

I just hope they have time for a quick game of Beach Volleyball before heading off to war.

2. Hefalump

Hefalump Member

You might wanna grease the dolphin a few times, not sure how much time ya got left there buddy.

3. Seth L

Seth L Silver Supporting Member

Have you seen one of these in your area?

[​IMG]

fretless likes this.
  4. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

Sounds awesome. I wish they fly here more often. There used to be an aircraft factory here.

5. AdrenalinJunkie

AdrenalinJunkie Silver Supporting Member

Let me tell you about loud. The Blue Angels do their practice routine on Wednesdays, and the vacant field next to my office is one of their marks. The windows rattle continuously.

shane88 likes this.
  6. ToneDeVille

ToneDeVille Member

7. Bluedawg

Bluedawg Member

And watch the pizza deliveries there as well ...

the Pentagon food court is probably 24 hours, but I'd bet most of it shuts down after normal business hours

:banana

korby likes this.
  8. Teal_66

Teal_66 Member

LOL!!! YES!!! Not just gutter guards, but the entire gutter system, and the last two days was the first time they've experienced rain. Rain was not heavy though, but they work great.

joethepainter likes this.
  9. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Silver Supporting Member

I wonder how cold a pizza is by the time it gets delivered there. It's a BIG place. I used to have to go visit my clients there twice a year and always got a bunch of coffee boxes and donuts at the Dunkin Donuts there. Just the walk from that food court to where I had to go was exhausting. Getting into the bldg. was no small feat either and that whole process had to be done before I could even start walking toward the food court. Been a while since I was there, but after 9/11 they put guards on BMW K-bikes with MP-5s in front of the entrances. There had been some shenanigans in the parking lot, so they decided to make sure no one could outrun the next batch of guards.

10. joethepainter

joethepainter It's Life, but not as we know it Silver Supporting Member

Gotta love that!:)

11. Dirty_Tones

Dirty_Tones Supporting Member

Somebody aet us up the bomb cycle.

12. CaptainSG

CaptainSG Member

13. Gasp100

Gasp100 Member

Springfield, South Korea

scotth likes this.
  14. mark123

mark123 Member

Father in law was a B47/B52 pilot in the Air Force. In times of bad weather he had to leave the family behind and fly to a safe base. With how bad the weather is currently across the country, wouldn't be a bit surprised if they aren't stashing aircraft at civilian airports until the weather breaks.

But then again, during the Cuban missile crisis the AF scattered the B52's loaded hot with nukes all across the country and in mostly commercial airports in case the primary AF bases got hit. He sat loaded and on call at St. Louis International for a week or two with nukes and ready to roll. Maybe trouble is brewing. Who knows...

R3deemed, scotth and NewLeaf09 like this.
  15. korby

korby Member

And hotdogs.

shane88 and Bluedawg like this.
  16. mattball826

mattball826 Member

They do that on purpose so you maintain proper weight standards. Make you take those 5000 steps per day

Rick Lee likes this.
  17. guitz

guitz Supporting Member

has the zombie apocalypse finally started?

18. korby

korby Member

Cosmic skidmarks.

Hallogallo and 84superchamp like this.
  19. NewLeaf09

NewLeaf09 Supporting Member

I got to see multinational naval exercises in the Indian Ocean as a nothing seaman on the flag ship for the Middle East Force (COMIDEASTFOR) - in Karachi harbor on the bridge waiting to get underway (Captain's phone talker for sea and anchor detail and general quarters) a French gas turbine destroyer decided to drag race out of the harbor and threw a rooster tail as high as our bridge taking off. We had to pick up some stuff from an aircraft carrier, the Constellation, and I was on the Mike boat (assault landing craft) that went and it was incredible, bobbing next to it as they lowered down whatever it was. Good times.

Another time we steamed right through a Soviet task force at anchor off the horn of Africa approaching the Gulf of Aden where they were protecting their turf in Ethiopia - right down the middle of their fleet, warships, support ships, a sub tied up alongside, while they all went to general quarters - what a hoot!

20. Little_Wing

Little_Wing Member

Maybe they're filming a movie. When I was in Mae Hong Son, Thailand, they were filming Air America. There was constant take offs and landings at the local airport.