• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Marantz PMD 660

planetal

Adam,

Please let me know how it works out.. Will you be doing "live" recording at rehearsals and/or gigs? Internal or external mics?

I'm looking for something similiar, that could be used to get a sample at rehearsal or during a gig. I would prefer to not use a external mics, althougth I have a feeling that isn't a realistic thing to want at higher SPL (as I would record relatively close to the band and not out more in front of the band).

The unit looks like a device to get an easy yet fairly accurate feel for what a tune or band sounds like while doing a rehearsal or a gig.

why this one over the edirol r-1?

Thanks
Al

P.S. What did the unit go for at Ricks?

C

carlygtr56

Originally posted by Denyle_Guitars
There's a few 24 bit field recorders out now.

What are they? I was looking at the Marantz CDR 300 portable recorder.

TAVD

Guitar Player
Platinum Supporting Member
I know Fostex makes some 24-bit. And the Edirol R-1. There are probably a few more.