Marble amps - Blues Box (tube pedal)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fatback, Sep 6, 2005.

1. fatback

fatback Member

http://www.marble-amps.com/index.html
    [​IMG]

I just stumbled upon the website. Has anyone heard one of these before. I wonder if its tones lean more towards the Boogie or Badcat pedals. Any idea how much they cost?

I came accross this after following Muddy's Jan Ackerman links on another thread. Marble makes a sig. amp for Jan that defies easy description.;)

2. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

Looks like a Hotbox

3. rabbit

rabbit Member

The old version, which said "crunch" instead of "clean" above the right hand knob, was about 500 EUR if I remember correctly. No price out for the new version, I think it´s still in developement and/or building process. Never heard on.
    There´s detailed description of the features on a German website, I´m gonna try to translate it into hopefully plain and understandable English for you...

4. rabbit

rabbit Member

Fantastic workmanship and outstanding tone make this the best tube overdrive pedal that can be had for money. Unlike the name Bluesbox alludes to, this box still sounds perfect in the heavy rock territory as well. The unit is power supplied by 230V connection, the 2 tubes run in 180-200 operation voltage. Much like a real tube amp. The dynamics are fantastic as is the sensitive tone control. The tone control contains bass, treble and mids. On the rear side of the unit you can raise gain for Strat and Teles by the flick of a switch. You can choose between true bypass and active bypass as well. In active mode you can run your signal through long cables without signal loss.
    The new version is still worked on and will contain separate contols for gain and master on both channels. (end of translation)

This is a non but nearly literal translation of the description of the Marble Bluesbox as published on http://www.realguitars.de/htm/effects.htm (09-07-2005). German description written by Ulli of “realguitars”. I tried my best to put the original context and content in every sentence. I don´t work for or have any relationship with either of the two mentioned companies. If anybody feels offended, e.g. concerning copyright or smth, please pm me.

5. muddy

muddy Member

yeah, that amp is the shite, isn't it?

ml

6. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Dude - what did I miss? When did you mention Akkerman-related gear? Guess I'll try a Search...

7. muddy

muddy Member

8. fatback

fatback Member

Thanks for the translation rabbit.

9. rabbit

rabbit Member

You´re welcome. Seems like this unit might not be too interesting for people from the US because of the 230V operation and the high price. But who knows... much is possible technically and GAS is a serious illness as we all know.

Their amps are the best tweed clones over here imo. Maybe they should think about distributing in North America.

10. dirtypool

dirtypool Member

Amersfoort, near Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Europ
    Its even more..600€
    I have a Max , champ-like..great little demon

11. rabbit

rabbit Member

My gosh, some people have got 600 EUR per month to feed their children and care for their familiy...