• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Marc Ford (The Black Crowes, Magpie Salute) at Terrapin Crossroads opening for Allman Betts Band - (my amateur) Rig Rundown

magilla

michaelgeeguitar (IG)
Platinum Supporting Member
Saw Marc Ford open for the Allman Betts Band at Terrapin Crossroads (Phil Lesh's club) over the weekend.

I'm a huge Marc Ford fan and really enjoyed the show - and tried to document the gear for my TGP brothers and sisters. The post includes a text rundown as well as snaps of Marc's board and a few clips of his set). I'll do one on the Allman Betts setup soon!

Pretty different rig than what he'd been using with Magpie Salute - different board, and no Satellite Amps, well, amps, or vintage Tweed. Assume he's going for a compact and easy to move rig.

(You can scroll / swipe through the Instagram photos for board shots, an amp shot, and clips)

Last edited:

cosmic_rust

Gold Supporting Member
Very cool. Dickey Betts is my favorite guitar player. Duane is very good, and I dig what the Allman Betts Band are doing. Looking forward to seeing their rigs too!! Great stuff!

magilla

michaelgeeguitar (IG)
Very cool. Dickey Betts is my favorite guitar player. Duane is very good, and I dig what the Allman Betts Band are doing. Looking forward to seeing their rigs too!! Great stuff!
Duane Betts is really rocking these days. His playing was terrific. His chops were starting from a good place but have really improved over the last couple years. What's more interesting is he gets a very similar tone to Dickey, even playing ... well ... different gear. More on that to come in the Allman Betts gear rundown.

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
Love it! Thanks for sharing.

I've never really got into the Crowes, despite having some close connections to their 'camp'. But I've always really admired and respected Mr. Ford's playing. Such a tasteful player! Serious chops. And tone, too!

I enjoyed the photos, but for some reason I really got a kick out of the PA cabs being set upon some milk crates. Lol. I don't know why, but that cracks me up.

I'm glad to see he's out there doing his thing still.

magilla

michaelgeeguitar (IG)
I found a YouTube audio-only recording of the show with some cool pictures:

Top Bottom