• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

March issue of Jazz Improv NY (Guitar Edition)

jb70

Hi my TGP peeps. Just wanted to let you guys know that the March issue of Jazz Improv NY is out and is available as a free download on their website. The March issue is always their annual "guitar edition" and features interviews by different jazz guitar players around the world. I was very fortunate enough to be interviewed by Gary Heimbauer for this issue. If you're interested, you can download the magazine online for free here:

www.jazzimprov.com/guides/ji_nyc_V04N09.pdf

or you can go to:

www.jazzimprov.com/guide/

and click on the March 2009 issue (with Dr. Lonnie Smith on the cover).

Enjoy!

Jack

jb70

cool my man. there are some great interviews with ben monder, rez abbasi, paul bollenback, lage lund, jonathan kreisberg, and "fuse".

Dajbro

Silver Supporting Member
Very cool. Looking forward to checking it out. Congratulations!

Sub City

Metheny, S Clarke, B Childs, Lonnie Smith. etc. Yes, looks EXC! Whatever happened to their NYC Jazz Festival; is that a thing of the past?

dets1

i played at the jazz improv fest last year, but i think it was the first for them.

jb70

Metheny, S Clarke, B Childs, Lonnie Smith. etc. Yes, looks EXC! Whatever happened to their NYC Jazz Festival; is that a thing of the past?
i think the last one was in october of 2007 but i could be wrong

cdaloia

Congrats Jack!
One of our own getting some well deserved recognition......
I thought that you handled the interview like the pro that you are.

Chuck

heavypick

Bright size life! Hey, was that you at the NY amp show in that Bludo-tone room playing something from Bright Size Life on a Collings I-35 or whatever it's called? I think Scott Lerner was doing a video demo for Premier Guitar mag and for some reason around that time.

jb70

Bright size life! Hey, was that you at the NY amp show in that Bludo-tone room playing something from Bright Size Life on a Collings I-35 or whatever it's called? I think Scott Lerner was doing a video demo for Premier Guitar mag and for some reason around that time.
hey heavypick,
yep, that was me. that collings was amazing!

jb

heavypick

The Collings seemed really cool although I'm sure you'd also be able to make an Epiphone sound great.

jb70

The Collings seemed really cool although I'm sure you'd also be able to make an Epiphone sound great.
haha. thanks man. that guitar still haunts me to this day. i also want to check out the collings soco.

Trending Topics