Margo Price - Real Country!

Anthony Gring

Gold Supporting Member
I heard a great interview with her yesterday on NPR. Sounds like she's been through some tough times. Fantastic voice and old country vibe. I'd never heard of her till yesterday. Very talented.

giltgitguy

Listened to her album today. Some well crafted songs. Certainly very old school production. I wonder who produced the album? I see that she's on Third Man, which, of course, is Jack White's label. The Sturgill fans should like her vibe.

juh_sepp

What is in the water in Aledo, Illinois?

Margo and Suzy Bogguss are both from this little town. What are the odds?

27sauce

I love her album. I actually fished it(unopened!) out of a trash can at work!

I saw her a while back. She hipped the audience to an old singer songwriter we may not have heard of named Doug Sahm. We were in Austin...I thought that was cute.

bioniczero

She's currently working on a new album as well. Can't wait to hear it. Joshua Hedley did some work on it as well. He hasn't released anything yet, but I've had the pleasure of seeing him a couple of times. He has an EP done, but it hasn't been released yet for some reason. Beautiful voice and good old style country as well

Go Cat Go!!

She's currently working on a new album as well. Can't wait to hear it. Joshua Hedley did some work on it as well. He hasn't released anything yet, but I've had the pleasure of seeing him a couple of times. He has an EP done, but it hasn't been released yet for some reason. Beautiful voice and good old style country as well

Wow those were great! Thank you!

EricPeterson

She has a real Loretta Lynn thing going on, she is not really mining new ground but she is doing what she does really well. I am really excited for her next release. I wonder if she will stick to the traditional vibe or explore other sounds.

helrazr84

Sometimes I wonder why my threads go no where. Maybe if i remembered to add a link. Doh!

Here she is on Austin City Limits. Love that vibe!

Last weekend the guide listed Austin City Limits with Margo Price on PBS. I was all set to watch and for some reason it ended up being Paul Simon (..yuck!)

bioniczero

Wow those were great! Thank you!
There's a whole bunch of amazing traditional sounding country that flies under the radar mostly these days. Mainstream country seems to be tending that way ever so slightly (see the success of Stapleton/Isbell/Sturgill), but not nearly enough for my liking. A couple of the 90s/early 2000s mainstream guys have ditched mainstream country to make really good records lately too (Mark Chesnutt and Jack Ingram). It's never going to go back to how it was, but as long as guys like Dale Watson, Cody Jinks and Whitey Morgan are keeping the faith, that'll keep me going.

rwmct

This one is pretty good: Ms Price and the immortal Emmylous Harris doing one of Delbert McClinton's best songs:

Trending Topics