Mariah Carey's botched performance

gennation

Is there a thread in this yet? I didn't see one, but you've got to see this. With all sympathy...this is horrible and hilarious all at once...

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
Is there a thread in this yet? I didn't see one, but you've got to see this. With all sympathy...this is horrible and hilarious all at once...

It seems inevitable. I saw the Beach Boys in the '70's with a non-functioning PA. Back to Bill Monroe and one mic for whole band.

Otto Tune

Carey's agent: "Maria, I've booked you to play New Years Eve on national TV. What could go wrong? It's gonna be big. People will be talking about your performance for weeks."

cubistguitar

Once it is obvious that its a track I lose interest, too bad.

Also if the PA aint right, it still is on you, you need to check that **** before you act the fool on TV

Banditt

At least Milli Vanilli kept dancing!...

Listen, singers lose their chops...she has. When they play Frank Sinatra singing "New York, New York" in his later years, he was a shell of the voice he once was. Plants voice was done by '74. They have adapted what they do and what they sing to better suit their abilities...they don't pretend to be able to reproduce what they once where...

The difference today is that these pop starlets have built there whole persona about being this amazing voice, and "image" created many times in the Studio, not through hard work and talent. They are not held accountable for being a "mime"...

She'll actually sell more downloads and this might actually have been planned this as a publicity stunt....sad.

There are many modern performers who got the goods...Pink is incredible, Lady Gaga, most of the Country artists. Just not as many pop stars...

Fu Schnickens

What exactly stopped her from singing her own song?

A massive brain fart. She was lost in her own song! That was a huge Ashley Simpson moment right there. Maybe it was because it was 30 or 40 degrees outside and she was wearing a bathing suit. Maybe she was distracted because she had to rearrange her ttts. Monitors or no, sing the song, B. We know you can sing, now get after it.

chrisjw5

Apparently there are 2 versions for when she doesn't sing it. #1 is a full lip sync and #2 only has the high notes that she can't hit, she's supposed to sing the rest. She was expecting #1 and stepped in #2.

Carey's agent: "Maria, I've booked you to play New Years Eve on national TV. What could go wrong? It's gonna be big. People will be talking about your performance for weeks."

Or that could be the problem; they thought they were booking Maria Carey. :D

mischultz

If they haven't already, they'll have to start putting a solid state recorder inline with the ear feed (after the pack) to document equipment performance. Even if you have a second receiver to validate the transmitter, it's a literal he said/she said if you don't know know what she heard.

But if memory serves it's not her first ears issue on national television. Didn't she have a Grammy malfunction a few years back?

Billy Moss

What's pathetic is she was lip syncing.

Rachel Platten, Thomas Rhett and Keith Urban played and sang live in the same cold weather.

Rachel-Platten:-Dick-Clarks-New-Years-Rockin-Eve-2016--13-662x441.jpg

Thomas-Rhett-NYRE.jpg

C1EWXe3WQAATHxP.jpg

bob-i

Apparently she couldn't hear the track in her in ears, then asked for the wedge monitors to be turned on. By that time she was lost, no idea where in the song she was supposed to be. I'll bet she couldn't hear anything on that stage, total f up by the monitor engineer.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom