Mark Samson Gainstar 30 clean sound demo

McGas

Thanx guys, I used a bit of Logics reverb and compression in the mixdown but no eq, I can get it sounding a bit better with eq, but left it off for the purpose of the demo..cheers Macka

Jason_86_951

Supporting Member
Sounds very nice!

I love my Gainstar too.

Try a 5751 in V1, you'll thank me later.
What are your settings?

I tend to run mine on the clean channel:
Vol 9:00
Treble 9:30
Bass 1:00
Presence 10:30

Gets a nice blackface vibe this way.

One of the best amps I've ever tried/owned.

Great playing too.

McGas

its soooo good....whats the recording chain..thanks
68 RW Strat, into Star 30 [EL 34] head thru the vint 30 that is in my Star 15 combo,, settings..V 8 [oclock], T 12 , B 9, Brilliance 12
sm57 [pretty close to the centre of the cone] presonus firebox, Mac g4 with Logic pro, rev and compression added in the mix.
I should point out the song on my Sounclick page named "sunset" was done with a Cornford Hurricane 18w EL84. Also thanx for the v1 tip Jason 86, ill try that!
thanx Macka

kronos

Really nice clips - enjoyed it.

What recording effects did you use in the Hurricane clip?
Sounds beautiful.

coxswain

Awesome tone and playing. Thanks for posting that.

That clean tone sounds very sparkly, yet extremely clear. At some moments it had a piano like quality. One thing I also liked was that when you dug in a little bit at the end there I heard a little bit of "raunch": a very pleasent breakup. Great Stuff!

Chase

McGas

Awesome tone and playing. Thanks for posting that.

That clean tone sounds very sparkly, yet extremely clear. At some moments it had a piano like quality. One thing I also liked was that when you dug in a little bit at the end there I heard a little bit of "raunch": a very pleasent breakup. Great Stuff!

Chase
Thanx man, yea coz this was a clean tone thread I had it just below the vol that when u dig in it starts to break up. Ur right, crank it a bit more and its got that touch sensitivity thing happening.

Hey Jzucker!, its a strange setup, effects loop only works on the dirty ch. Something to do with keeping the clean ch path pure. It has reverb which is excellent, but only on the clean ch Cheers Macka

Trending Topics