Mark Selby!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Frank Prince, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Frank Prince

Frank Prince Member

I just found out about this guy from the Tonequest report. Apparently he is a jack of all trades, master of most type guy in Nashville. Singer, songwriter, player, tonehound, etc.

I've been listening to his new album from his site, and I think he is great. Clearly influenced by roots, blues, 70's rock, and a bit 'o country, he puts it all together really well with tough-ass vocals, solid playing, and some godly tones.

Def my favorite "new" artist!

http://www.markselby.com/music.html

2. Frank Prince

Frank Prince Member

3. Wally1

Wally1 Member

Mark Selby is an amazing Singer, Songwriter, and Guitar player. Mark and his brother Monte lived in my home town (Hays, KS) when I was a kid. I remember Mark coming and playing guitar for us in the 80's in the Gym at my school. His brother Monte was the vice principal of the local middle school. I have followed Marks music since then. His last 2 CD's are fantastic! He has also written some BIG country hits that everyone would know. He co-wrote about 3/4's of the first Dixie Chicks CD. He also wrote "Blue on Black" by Kenny Wayne Sheppard. For anyone who hasnt heard Marks music I highy recomend you get his CD's!

4. Frank Prince

Frank Prince Member

Very cool. I am really enjoying the stuff on his site. The guitar tones on the Nine Pound Hammer clips are just awesome, and he is obviously a very accomlpished singer and songwriter.

5. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are
    Big +1!
    Long time Selby fan here, he's one of my absolute favorite players.
    Do not fail to get his first 2 albums, More Storms Comin' and Dirt.

Killer tone and playing.

6. JimiStiff

JimiStiff Member

Hey guys! Saw him yesteday over here in austria...great guy, great musician, great band (chopper and groover from vancouver) :)hope to see them soon again!