Mark St. John of Kiss - what model Jackson did he use?

LanEvo

Based on a quick google images search, it looks like a Jackson Soloist with three single-coils and a Kahler trem.

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure of the vintage but I think the USA Jackson's in 86-88 or so were all custom ordered so they could be anything. I had an 86 Soloist back in the day and the single coils didn't sound very good compared to pretty much any Fender. My humbucker was a Duncan but I never pulled the pickups so I'm not sure if the singles were the generic Jackson's (my guess) or possibly Duncan's (probably not).

My guess is unless you find an interview, you won't be sure as they would put whatever you wanted in them back then.

Rumy73

Not sure of the vintage but I think the USA Jackson's in 86-88 or so were all custom ordered so they could be anything. I had an 86 Soloist back in the day and the single coils didn't sound very good compared to pretty much any Fender. My humbucker was a Duncan but I never pulled the pickups so I'm not sure if the singles were the generic Jackson's (my guess) or possibly Duncan's (probably not).

My guess is unless you find an interview, you won't be sure as they would put whatever you wanted in them back then.

Thank you for your help. I have been digging but no luck so far.

Trending Topics