Mark V:25 and the 4CM

Chris6870

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Digitech RP 1000 that I use with the 4CM with my Mark IV and it works great. I started using it with the Mark V:25 and at first it seems great but I have encountered a real problem. It seems the master volume on each channel of the Mark V:25 has no effect on the signal coming into the effect return. So if I am using an amp model on the Digitech I can't control the volume of it with the amps master. I have to adjust it on the Digitech.That's a big problem. With every volume adjustment of the amp I have to go into the Digitech and adjust that also (mid gig nightmare.)
With the Mark IV I could set the global volume on the Digitech to match the volume on the amp channel, then the master would control both equally. I could switch between the amps preamp and a model on the RP and the volume was always equal. I'm guessing the lack of a true master volume that controls both channel on the V:25 is the problem here? Anybody else have this problem?

Heady Jam Fan

So on the V:25 it seems there is a MV for each channel PRIOR to the effect loop, compared to the Mark IV that had a single MV AFTER the effect loop? I wonder about adding a volume control in the loop after the Digitech? If that is after all the other volume controls, could it work as a master, Master Volume?

Chris6870

Silver Supporting Member
I have an Omnisonic volume box I will try in the loop. If it works I guess I would just need to crank it louder than I think I will need it than back it down with the volume box. Kind of a bummer. I'm surprised there are not more having this issue. This will probably keep the V:25 from being my main gigging amp. The IV is so much more flexible with the 3 channels and now this.

Heady Jam Fan

I have an Omnisonic volume box I will try in the loop. If it works I guess I would just need to crank it louder than I think I will need it than back it down with the volume box. Kind of a bummer. I'm surprised there are not more having this issue. This will probably keep the V:25 from being my main gigging amp. The IV is so much more flexible with the 3 channels and now this.
Yeah, I am sure there are benefits and drawbacks to both types of master volume setups (assuming I'm right about whats going on). I had an RP 1000 briefly and I can't remember if this is possible, but can you assign the expression pedal to control volume in the loop on each patch? If so, you might not need any extra gear.

Anyway, I always loved my Mark III and never had any desire for a newer one ;)

Chris6870

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I am sure there are benefits and drawbacks to both types of master volume setups (assuming I'm right about whats going on). I had an RP 1000 briefly and I can't remember if this is possible, but can you assign the expression pedal to control volume in the loop on each patch? If so, you might not need any extra gear.

Anyway, I always loved my Mark III and never had any desire for a newer one ;)
You can control the volume of each patch with the pedal but if you want to use the expression pedal for anything else though it would mess up your volume setting. I'm going to stick with the Mark IV and the RP 1000 for my main rig. I'll probably only use the V:25 for rehearsal since it's so light and portable and I'll use my pedals with it. I see a lot of guys using the AX-8 or FX-8 with the V:25. I wonder how they are doing it.

Schafrocks

You can set your patches for each channel. I use an RP1000 in 4CM with a JCM800. As you know, it only has one channel but it works great for that. But I can see it your master is louder for one or the other that it might be louder. I mostly use mine for effects though. Every now and then I'll use an amp model. On mine, I have the global master all the way up. Then I just adjust the output on the patch for each model.

Trending Topics