Mark v35 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by maurizio, May 9, 2016.

1. maurizio

maurizio Member

I ordered a mesa boogie mark v35 combo ; will come ' in a few days ! What do you think about this? who owns it can describe him ?

2. tmac

tmac Goldmember Gold Supporting Member

Congrats! I got one recently from Sweetwater, great amp, very well made & versatile - I'm loving the tones. Ive been through quite a few amps and this one hits all the right notes for me. Anything specific you want to know or are concerned about?

ColonelForbin likes this.
  3. maurizio

maurizio Member

I was undecided from it or rectoverb 25 combo or the supersonic 22 but i think mark v 35 is the batter choice! How good the combo take dirt pedal? What is the Best mode ( clean,fat,crunch) to work With dirt pedal?

4. Phletch

Phletch Member

Most Mesas take dirt pedals well, so I imagine this one shouldn't be any different. As to whether or not you want to use the pedal with a clean amp or with the amp's OD depends on the pedal and what you're actually trying to achieve. Some "____ amp in a box" pedals are meant to be a "foundation pedal" and generally work best with a clean amp. Other pedals like a TS type pedal tend to work better with an amp that's already clipping to boost it or add another gain stage.

The thing is though, you might find you're happy with the amp OD all on its own. Lots of people like me buy Mesas because of their OD and find pedals to be a nice alternative from time to time but not really necessary, so spend some time getting to know the amp's capabilities.

5. Green Pro Am

Green Pro Am Supporting Member

Congrats! The V 35 is a great amp. Lot's of tones in that little box. The drive channels are off the charts, so you may not need a drive pedal.