Maroon 5 Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by PrestonBrick, May 28, 2008.

1. PrestonBrick

PrestonBrick Member

My JCM800 isnt gonna come in handy for this one i dont believe.

I have a Gibson LP Standard, a Fender Telecaster, and a PRS CE24 as my main guitars and i have a FD2, DD-3, Vox Wah, Seymour Duncan Pup booster and a CE-5. Not all of them are on my board but what ever. With spending no more than 1200 what is a good amp to get maroon 5 tones with? I can get 1-2 more pedals too if needed.

Thanks,
    Preston

2. NortheastHick

NortheastHick Supporting Member

I cant think of any rock tones you cant get with an 800 and a couple pedals. Not familiar with maroon5, but with my 800's and a couple pedals i can get everything from bluesy to classic rock right up to metal.

3. LocustXReign

LocustXReign Member

they use divided by 13's and I believe bad cats as well. At any rate, based on their tunes Im sure you could get by with a nice AC-30 or AC-30 style amp and a boost pedal.

-dave b

4. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

I hear maroon5 as two guitarists, one is doing the extended freq. AC30/Mark Sampson thin and one is doing the JCM800 thing. Which part or song are you refering to?

5. PrestonBrick

PrestonBrick Member

I hear it as two guitarists aswell. I like both tones but im kinda going after the cleaner of the two which I believe is the lead guitarists?

6. PrestonBrick

PrestonBrick Member

What about some fender amps?

7. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

You could cop those tones with a super rev.

8. PrestonBrick

PrestonBrick Member

How about a bassman?

9. miks

miks Supporting Member

Was able to have a nice conversation with their tech when they were here in the Philippines. They lug their amps everywhere and are pretty straight forward divided by 13 users.

Adam uses a JJN100 at full power with a mesa rectifier 3 channel as a backup.
    Effects are controlled off stage by his tech (teal) where he has a keeley metal zone and a tube screamer (not sure if keeley). He also has a bbe sonic maximizer somewhere in there. Delays and modulations come from a TC gforce (the ground control one).

Here are the pics of the rig
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for James, He was pretty straight forward. He had a JRT9/15 on stage with him. He had another amp (im not sure which one though) but he had a simple pedalboard. I cant recall for the life of me what he had but he had a line6 DL4 (but doesnt everyone). I got some pics of his guitars though. :)

[​IMG]

The keyboardist used a twin reverb (it was a rental though .. heheh.. they rented it from a friends company). But he played a Les paul with p90's faced away from the stage. Didnt see any pedals.

10. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

I actually dig M5s guitar work and tone on the Friday the 13th live album. Actually, the tone from that album is one of my favorites for rock guitar.

From what I have gathered and researched with no actual proof, they definitly used D13 stuff. I heard that Adam (lead singer) played through the more aggressive tones and heard that he ran a LDW but from the last post it seems to be the JJN which is the bigger and higher wattage version. The other guitarist is mainly doing the cleaner stuff. I heard he ran a RSA23 or 31, but its nice to see the JRT is also mentioned.

The lead tone on the first track "Shiver" is one of my favorite rock lead tones. Sounds like a rippin' hot Marshall. I also dig the clean rhythm stuff.

11. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

I'm a big fan! I especially love their guitar work.

Love the new album, the guitar riffs are pure genius!

I'm pretty sure they use /13 amps almost exclusively, that opening riff on the track "If I never see your face again" sounds very /13 to me. Great guitar work on that track too.

12. PrestonBrick

PrestonBrick Member

i know they use /13 but they also make the money to buy one =\. Thats why I was asking about fenders and stuff.

13. SkydogFan81

SkydogFan81 Supporting Member

Wait a minute...those guys play guitars????

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

14. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

I think a fender deluxe reverb or vox ac15 or 30 with pedals would cover. You have an FD2 and DD3 already and that will fit in nicely. There is a picture of James board on here somewhere. I know he has a DL4 and there are a lot of alternative to that as you know. I really like the sounds I get from mine.

Not sure if James has a compressor, but I would think that would come in handy with some of the funky rhythms.

I think FD2, delay, compressor would get you a lot of their basic tones...

Also, James went to Nebraska! GO HUSKERS!!!

15. PrestonBrick

PrestonBrick Member

I saw an ad with james in the 2006 fender cat. with a fender amp. Anyone remember what it is?

16. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

Since nobody else mentioned it yet, thanks for the great post Miks! Good info!

17. PrestonBrick

PrestonBrick Member

Yeah thanks miks!

18. tybone

tybone Member

Is that a freakin Bluesmaster?

19. PrestonBrick

PrestonBrick Member

That would be awesome

20. Probos

Probos Gold Supporting Member

Um,...I'm not a fan of M5, and I'm sure their guitarist is a fine musician, but saying their guitar riffs are "pure genius" is a bit much. Hahaha!