Marsh Amplification?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Fifthstone, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Anyone ever deal with them? I've found only one thread in the amp section of TGP. I may need to purchase a faceplate from them for a restoration job, and notice that they sell faceplates with the actual Fender name on them. I thought this wasn't legal. Any dealings with these folks?

2. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Supporting Member

I had a Marsh tweed Princeton clone that i bought from Mr. Marsh dir-
    ectly. Fantastic sounding amp,i wish i never sold it.

3. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I am not sure if they put those faceplates on their clones or not, but I thought it was fine if you are purchasing a faceplate for an original fender produced product.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  4. Boomer

Boomer Member

He's local to me. I've met him and played his amps. Nice gear. He seems like a nice guy.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Hopefully, you don't have to go through Glades Guitars to get to him.

5. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

That may be true. But then why is it SOOOO hard to find them? Anyone know of anyone else selling these? $50 seems a bit steep.

6. Foggy

Foggy Member

The Marsh amps caught my eye just the other day. PTP tube reproductions that look pretty nice.

I don't know a lot about them but noticed that Wolfe Guitars in Jupiter Fla. recently picked them up.

7. wyatt

wyatt Member

About 6+ years ago, Fender cut a deal with the old Mojotone and the two of them offered a full line of replacement parts for just about every model Fender ever made -- logos, amp badges, faceplates, cabinets, transformers, etc. These were supplied by Mojo and sold by Fender. The smart dealers who stocked up are sitting on a gold mine. Some of these things are going for several times more than they were widely available.