Marsh Buffalo Reverb

billyguitar

That sounds cool. David Allen's version has a Deep switch which might be nice. I've owned a Brown Princeton for a long time but only recently had it gone thru. These Princetons sound so much better than any of the black or silver ones. I've had them all and the Brown is a better amp, period. It doesn't have those trashy highs or flatulent lows of the PR, and black Princeton without reverb is totally gutless. If you get one I would seriously go for a 12" speaker. 10s just can't match a 12. BTW: My Brown Princeton actually does a clean bloom. It's subtle but it is there.

OverDrivenGtr

Gold Supporting Member
That sounds cool. David Allen's version has a Deep switch which might be nice. I've owned a Brown Princeton for a long time but only recently had it gone thru. These Princetons sound so much better than any of the black or silver ones. I've had them all and the Brown is a better amp, period. It doesn't have those trashy highs or flatulent lows of the PR, and black Princeton without reverb is totally gutless. If you get one I would seriously go for a 12" speaker. 10s just can't match a 12. BTW: My Brown Princeton actually does a clean bloom. It's subtle but it is there.
What's a clean bloom?

billyguitar

What's a clean bloom?
It's a pretty rare thing. It's like having a compressor just barely on. You hit a chord, or even a single note, and the volume will slightly rise after you play it, and then slowly fade in volume. Redplate's slogan is, or at least was, amps that "sing". That's how they sing. It's done more in the phase inverter section than just power amp sag. Sag does sound much like it. The amp kind of pumps a little. This is allegedly one of the traits of Dumble amps and Jim Kelly amps also. Very few amps do it. I also have a 1959 Fender Tremolux, the 5G9 circuit. It does it nicely also.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member

monkmiles

Jazz/Funk/Rawk/Groove
Silver Supporting Member
I never found any feedback on these and ended up with an Allen Hot Fudge w/Nuts.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom