• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

FS Marsh Rio Grande 6g3 Brown Deluxe

Triocd

Silver Supporting Member
Very good condition Marsh 6g3 Fender Brown Deluxe clone. Great for classic rock and ZZ Top tones. Hand built by Mike Marsh himself with good components. Leather handle. Cabinet is in very good condition with no dents, scrapes, or cuts. Normal channel, bright channel, and tremelo. This amp gets very gritty fast on the volume knob.

This special build has bias test points and bias trim pot on the back of the chassis so you can easily change the power tubes and rebias the amp without taking the chassis out and only using a multimeter. Really easy to do.

I have had an email dialogue with Mike Marsh who confirmed he built this amp. I can send you that email chain upon request.

Several speaker options:
With 12 inch celestion gold: 1100 shipped
With Eminence GB128: 1025 shipped
With Weber Signature: 1000 shipped

Plenty more pictures can be emailed

Attachments

DEMENTED

Silver Supporting Member
Did your local trade happen? Can you describe how the different speakers sounded in it? Which did you believe sounded best with the amp? Pretty sure this is my old amp and would love to get it back somehow... is it production number 48? on the tube chart?

Last edited:

Triocd

Silver Supporting Member
Did your local trade happen? Can you describe how the different speakers sounded in it? Which did you believe sounded best with the amp? Pretty sure this is my old amp and would love to get it back somehow... is it production number 48? on the tube chart?
It is still for sale. We haven’t connected locally yet.

Production #48 it is. I’m really bummed my band isn’t playing due to COVID right now. I would’ve LOVED to play it in a band context but that just isn’t happening for a while.

I tried it with several speakers, all have their pros and cons so I think your personal taste would be most important but I will give it a try.

1. Celestion gold. Great cleans with a nice, full body sound. Good amount of chime. Very crisp sounding. Loud. I thought the crunch sound was a little harsh, but that might be my own personal taste because most people love these speakers. If I were to play this in a band setting I think this one might actually Sound the best and cut through the mix well.

2. Eminence gb128. I love this speaker in all amps I’ve tried it in so I’m a little biased. Good cleans but great crunch sounds. Pretty loud. A little greenback flavor to it but not a lot in my opinion.

3. Weber signature ceramic. Really brings out the fender cleans in this amp. Makes the cleans sound more like typical fender. Good crunch too in my opinion. A lot quieter than the others. I kept this in the amp because I really like the cleans and it dropped the decibels a lot which is good for home now.

DEMENTED

Silver Supporting Member
It is still for sale. We haven’t connected locally yet.

Production #48 it is. I’m really bummed my band isn’t playing due to COVID right now. I would’ve LOVED to play it in a band context but that just isn’t happening for a while.

I tried it with several speakers, all have their pros and cons so I think your personal taste would be most important but I will give it a try.

1. Celestion gold. Great cleans with a nice, full body sound. Good amount of chime. Very crisp sounding. Loud. I thought the crunch sound was a little harsh, but that might be my own personal taste because most people love these speakers. If I were to play this in a band setting I think this one might actually Sound the best and cut through the mix well.

2. Eminence gb128. I love this speaker in all amps I’ve tried it in so I’m a little biased. Good cleans but great crunch sounds. Pretty loud. A little greenback flavor to it but not a lot in my opinion.

3. Weber signature ceramic. Really brings out the fender cleans in this amp. Makes the cleans sound more like typical fender. Good crunch too in my opinion. A lot quieter than the others. I kept this in the amp because I really like the cleans and it dropped the decibels a lot which is good for home now.
i sent you a pm but your box is full

Trending Topics