1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Marshall 1917 PA 20 information

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jayess, Jun 11, 2008.

1. jayess

jayess Member

Got a localer selling one of these. Anyone have any information about them? Particularly their usefulness to a guitarist. The cabinets are funky -- elliptical speakers.

An old ad I came across:

http://www.tonecandy.com/vintage/m5.jpg

Thanks in advance.

2. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

The heads are killer, The cabs are cool, but wont work for guitar to well.
    Whats the asking price.

3. jayess

jayess Member

about $1000. might be able to get the cabs too, but not sure what i could do with them if that's the case. is that a reasonable price?

4. Tele71

Tele71 Gold Supporting Member

There's one in a local store here in NOVA. If I remember correctly I think they're asking over 2K. I considered it but I'm a Fender guy.
    P
    Oh yea and no cabs...

5. cugel

cugel Member

i think that amp is pretty much the same as the reissue 20watter marshall is putting out, not to be confused with the 1974x 18 watt. from what i have read those amps are keepers and a bit more aggressive sounding than the 1974. i would think a grand is a good price for that amp. the speakers look great BTW i and i am sure a collector would always be willing to buy those off of you even if they arent good for guitar.

6. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

For a grand I'd grab it quick.

7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Yeah, if you're not going to buy it, please PM me with the store's name so I can? Thanks... Bob