marshall 1960a hook up to JVM410h

LIStan

Hello everyone! I'm sorry about this newbie post but I need the help of this community. I have a Marshall 1960a cab that I want to hook up to a Marshall JVM410h heads. When I hook them up I'm only getting the left side of the the cab to play. I want all the speakers to play but i also don't want to damage the head. I'm used to using Fender heads with cabs as it's just plug and play but not with the marshall. Since my camera on my phone is not taking good pics. Below are pictures of exactly what I have on the back of both. What do I have to do in order to get all the speakers on the 1960a to play?

Thanks in advance!

Hamer95USA

I have a Marshall 1960A 4x12 cab. Set switch to mono, connect 16 ohm output of JVM410 head to 16 ohm input on your 1960A 4x12 cab. All 4 speakers should be working in mono. You can also test speakers to see if they're in phase by connecting a speaker cable into either the 16 ohm or 4 ohm input jack, use a 9 volt battery, and touch the negative tip of the battery to the sleeve of the speaker cable, touch the positive tip of the battery to the tip of the speaker cable. All 4 speakers should move forward together at the same time. If it doesn't, you may want to open it up to check the wiring.

I bought a Marshall 1960A cab with 2 of the G12T-75 speakers missing, added a pair of Vintage 30 speakers into it, and rewired it myself.

Guitar George

LIStan

I have a Marshall 1960A 4x12 cab. Set switch to mono, connect 16 ohm output of JVM410 head to 16 ohm input on your 1960A 4x12 cab. All 4 speakers should be working in mono. You can also test speakers to see if they're in phase by connecting a speaker cable into either the 16 ohm or 4 ohm input jack, use a 9 volt battery, and touch the negative tip of the battery to the sleeve of the speaker cable, touch the positive tip of the battery to the tip of the speaker cable. All 4 speakers should move forward together at the same time. If it doesn't, you may want to open it up to check the wiring.

I bought a Marshall 1960A cab with 2 of the G12T-75 speakers missing, added a pair of Vintage 30 speakers into it, and rewired it myself.

Guitar George
Thanks for getting back to me!:aok

When I plug the amp in the 4ohm jack on both amp head and cab and have it on mono all speakers play. Still can't get all speakers playing on 16ohm only left side works. Anyone ever have this problem and what's the fix?

LIStan

Bad jack?
Forgot to mention above when using 16ohm jack it only plays on left side when cab is switched to stereo. When the switch is on mono at 16ohm it doesn't play out of any speaker at all. Would this still be a jack issue?

Stu Blue

Forgot to mention above when using 16ohm jack it only plays on left side when cab is switched to stereo. When the switch is on mono at 16ohm it doesn't play out of any speaker at all. Would this still be a jack issue?
Yes. Those mutli option input plates are fairly notorious for going wrong. A new one is fairly cheap and easy to change.

Trending Topics