1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Marshall 1960TV cab opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by gtrfinder, Jun 24, 2008.

1. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Anybody have one of these oversized 4x12's.
    There is one for sale at $600. Good deal, or pass it up?

2. Weasel

Weasel Member

I use 2 of them.....not abad cab. better bass response than a regular 1960, the Greenbacks are smoother too. $600.00? Not bad, depends what shipping is gonna run.

3. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

It is local, so I think I can talk them down to $600 with tax included.

4. Roodboy

Roodboy Supporting Member

I had one of those and thought the oversized nature added a nice touch of bass.
    Great cab if you don't mind hauling the extra weight/size.
    They look cool too

5. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

I've owed for a while...

Nice cab and looks even better. Has some really cool tones and extended bass that really works for certain setups. Has a very open tone for a large sealed back cab. Overall its actually very balanced.

My only complaint is that I started to miss the focused and percussive attacks of standard sized 4x12s. I went back and forth comparing my 1960AX and TV. In the end I ended up selling the TV and kept my AX and BX cabs. The AX/BX pumped out more tasty mids, rich sounding highs, and threw it in your face in a good way. They just pulled off the "Marshall" tone better if that makes any sense.

6. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Nice cab,,,owned one as well for a while...a little different sounding,,,try it out first