Marshall 1x10 combos: good sound or did they miss the mark?

les_paul

I love my Bassman 4x10 reissue but I've learned overall I tend to not like single 10" speakers. Do these new Marshall combos sound OK or are their head counterparts the better bet?

Last edited:

NatGardner

Def, but always try before you buy since they are not cheap. The 10 inch speaker attenuates the volume some so you can crank her to get the plexi goods and there is plenty of bottom end even in the 5w mode, but 20 is better. Guitar in one hand, combo in the other with a pedalboard bag (Tuner, Autowah, OD, phaser and Delay ) over my shoulder and I am good to gig. K50 in the trunk if the SV20 blows up. Festivals or large clubs I bring a 2/12 cab and use it in addition. There is also the DI out if you need even more projection.

les_paul

I don't have the option to try before I buy where I live. Several dealers but nobody carries stock.

NatGardner

I don't have the option to try before I buy where I live. Several dealers but nobody carries stock.
Call Sweetwater and explain that you want to try the combo first. They may waive the return shipping or only charge $20 to return the combo for the head. Lots of B stock there too

bman5150us

I demo’d both the SV20 and SC20 combos the other day. Long post I started on it-you should probably read thru it.

Trending Topics