Marshall 2203KK

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Knuckles, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Member

Got to try one this last weekend and was quite impressed sound-wise. Also seemed to have a good price ($1300 on clearance, brand new). My question is: Has anyone seen one opened up? It's significantly cheaper than a 2203 reissue and I wonder about the build quality, as well as the boost/gate function.
    Is that simply a way of cheapening up an 800 reissue with some solid-state crap in the front end?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Julia343

Julia343 Member

I don't know, but if you use some solid state stuff (like a tubescreamer or distortion pedal) for a boost already, I don't see a little solid state stuff being crap if this amp sounds good by itself. The noise gate is a feature I wish a lot of higher gain amps had as stock.

3. FortinAmps

FortinAmps Member

As far as the schematics go, it looks like all the SS stuff is bypassed when it is not engage, input jack directly to first tube's grid.
    The rest of the circuit looks just like a regular 2203.

Cheers,
    Mike

4. BIGGERSTAFF

BIGGERSTAFF Member

I liked the KK model I tried. I found the KK circuitry to be very useful.

5. darko

darko Member

I am selling new Marshall amps, and also I have big stash of old amps. Have to say, this amp is IMPRESIVE! I've tried and own many 2203/4's but KK is maybe the best 2203 I have ever tried. Only bad thing is that add-on, beast-gate-pieceofsomething, but if you are not turning on - you rock :dude.
    Great amp.

6. drewl

drewl Member

Is there a schem floating around?

7. digital jams

digital jams Member

Very cool amp for thrash and the build is just fine....MILSPEC is for combat and not for gigs..................

8. FortinAmps

FortinAmps Member

I'm not sure if it's floating around, but I got the schematic directly from Korg.