Marshall 2554 owners - tell me tales

soldano16

I have a 68 50 watter but wanted to delve a bit into the world of slighly higher gain Marshalls.

Did I make a good choice? The HC reviews came out 9.1 in the sound quality section so I'm hopeful I've got a cool amp coming.

Do yourself a favor and get a 2x12 closed back cab for it...prefereably with V30s...

That little 1x12 combo is close to the guts of its bigger brothers, but because of the open back and single speaker, you loose a lot of the lower-mid meat that jubilees are so well known for.

But you can NEVER go wrong with a jUbilee:)

sickboy79

Jubs are fantastic amps! I've got a 2553 (small box 50w head). I've a few vintage Marshalls in my collection, and I still feel the Jubilee is one of the best Marshalls of all time. Great choice, IMO.

soldano16

Jubs are fantastic amps! I've got a 2553 (small box 50w head). I've a few vintage Marshalls in my collection, and I still feel the Jubilee is one of the best Marshalls of all time. Great choice, IMO.
I've read your posts over the years, mostly on LPF and know your taste in amps and tone. If you give a thumbs up, that's a real positive.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
If you can get it for a good price go for it. As was stated before I would run it through an extension cab.

I have a 2553 for reference....

Ironman

The Jubs/Slash's are my fave Marshall to date. Crank that output master, adjust the lead master for overall volume and enjoy the magic.

I've got the 2553 50W small box head and it is my favorite Marshall so far. I've owned a JMP 50W, JCM800 50W and a TSL 100W to compare.
+1 on using a closed-back cab. I use a 1960BX 4x12 with Greenbacks.
Ideally, I would A/B with your '68 for the ultimate cleanish/dirty rig :drool

Have fun!

Trending Topics