• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Marshall 2555 jubilee channel 1 problem

joolzriff

Question for Jube owners or techs of Marshall ---- I have a black 2555 Marshall jubilee -the overdrive channel sounds phenomenal but when I click on the clean channel it only sometimes sounds like it should - most of the time the clean is flat and a tad fizzy -defiantly not its normal self -- once in a while after firing the amp up the clean channel operates awesome then in 5 mins it's back to being horrible---- what's the problem and what's the fix???
Thankyou

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
Question for Jube owners or techs of Marshall ---- I have a black 2555 Marshall jubilee -the overdrive channel sounds phenomenal but when I click on the clean channel it only sometimes sounds like it should - most of the time the clean is flat and a tad fizzy -defiantly not its normal self -- once in a while after firing the amp up the clean channel operates awesome then in 5 mins it's back to being horrible---- what's the problem and what's the fix???
Thankyou
Probably a bad preamp tube or a cold solder joint at the tube socket.

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
Tried your spare tubes? Tried cleaning the tube sockets?

The clean channel just feeds into the clipping/gain stages of the Lead channel AFAIK. It's curious that this issue does not affect both channels.

joolzriff

Swapped pre tubes - no change - and whilst I was playing the volume dipped down and back up a bit

goddot

Also tap the relay on the board to see if it solves this intermittent problem... I think they stick with age and can malfunction causing one channel to sound too thin and then all of a sudden come on full again... It may be the relay

Trending Topics

Top Bottom