• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Marshall 50th Anniversary JTM-1C vs Slash SL5

aroman

Gold Supporting Member
I owned both.
The Slash Clean Channel has better transition into overdrive. The Slash amp likes pedals (Distortion, Overdrive, Reverb and Delay) better than the JTM-1. The Slash Amp gives you a Gain Channel plus a very good digital reverb.
IMO he JTM-1 sounds best clean and at the verge of crunch. The JTM-1 does not like my OD pedals but sounds great with my Digitech SC-2 Valve Distortion Pedal.

Last edited:

aroman

Gold Supporting Member
I am currently playing the JTM-1 thru a 2x12 with Celestion Greenbacks.
The JTM-1 cleans are better than the SL5 !!. The important thing is to adjust your Guitar Volume (too much and the tone gets fuzzy). " Wind Cries Mary " and " Ten Years Gone " cool !!.
I love this little Amp !.

SL5 better for " Welcome to the Jungle " !

HellRot

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, baby! That's what I thought :) I also own a JTM-1 head - gives me wows every time.

randombastage

Silver Supporting Member
I had both at the same time. Sold the SL5 within a month of buying it. Still have and love the JTM-1.
The SL5 didn't suck but it wasn't anything special. In my opinion the JTM-1 is.

Custom50

I tried the slash amp when I was tying out les pauls 2 weeks ago and really liked it. 80's Marshall crunch in a small package

GibsonLives

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure about the JTM, but I've had the DSL1c since it was released, and I absolutely love it. It's NOT just a metal/modern rock amp; I can cop the solo tones on ZZ's Cheap Sunglasses. Clean stays clean, dirt channel picks up where clean leaves off, fx loop is nice, .1-w switch is very usable.

Steve

briwinters

The JTM-1 combo kicks serious ass. As far as pedals go, a really good boost pedal like an EP-1 pairs great with this amp & a single coil guitar. This may be the best at home amp I've ever owned....calling it a practice amp does it no justice.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom