Marshall '69 Supertrem. How does this look?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by michael.e, Jan 31, 2008.

1. michael.e

michael.e Silver Supporting Member

Came across this in my nightly wishing....

Here is your chance to get your hands on an Ultra rare 1969 Marshall Super Tremolo. These amps are nearly identical to the Super Lead Plexi (SLP) only much more Rare, Jimi Hendrix made the Super Tremolo model famous. This is the first year for the brushed aluminum chassis. Point to Point wiring, very good condition for an amp that's nearly 40 years old. This amp is obsenely powerful with Massive headroom and the tone only these amps are capable of. Don't miss this opportunity, you will not be disappointed! $1,800.00 Firm! Money talks & BS walks, may consider partial trade for Soldano Hot Rod 50.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. JimmyR

JimmyR Member

Oh dear. If I had any money I'd buy that...

3. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Looks nice - but, I would absolutely want more info. Especially for the price it's selling at. I'd want to know if the tranny's were original. I'd also want a better picture of the circuit board. But, worth considering.

4. justonwo

justonwo Member

"Money talks and BS walks . . ."

Is Mr. T selling it?

("T" is for Tremolo, fool!)

5. hogy

hogy Member

That looks straight up, price is cheap. Tremolo models have less gain as the tremolo circuit sucks it up. I always disconnect the trem, which is easy to do and easily reversible.

But then, you may like the lower gain. Clapton's famous "Beano" Bluesbreaker was a tremolo amp. He's always said he ran it wide open for the recording, and it is definitely less gain than you would get from a lead amp of the same era, but the tone is nothing to complain about.

6. SkydogFan81

SkydogFan81 Member

7. cadjack

cadjack Member

A '68 50w Trem is the only amp I regret selling in the past 35 yrs. Not because of value, I miss the feel of it.
    Volume on 10, mine sounded like a non-trem on about 4. But a plexi on 4 can be a beautiful thing..

Now, ignore this and all previous posts except Hogy's. Read it again, repeat. Good luck!

8. Voxy Foxy

Voxy Foxy Member

just buy it.

please. just buy it.