1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Marshall 85th Celebration Special Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by StudioRat320, May 20, 2011.

1. StudioRat320

StudioRat320 Member

I just got one of these in the store and decided to give it a shot. My conclusion is that it's just a DSL100 with a fancy name plate.

My favorite sounds came from the Classic channel. The cleans are very JTM45 like and the crunch is like a awesome JCM800. I wish Marshall would put out an amp with just these 2 channels. Make them switchable and they would sell like hot cakes if priced right.

The Ultra channel is just something I can't get into. Very rough and unrefined. Just like the DSL100, it's not my cup of tea for high gain.

At $2000, it's just not worth it, unless you're a collector. I've seen DSL100 half stacks for half the price.

Once again, if Marshall did a amp with the Classic channel's clean and crunch setting, it would make a mint.

My 2 cents. Thanks for listening.

J-Roc