• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Marshall 85th Celebration Special Head

StudioRat320

I just got one of these in the store and decided to give it a shot. My conclusion is that it's just a DSL100 with a fancy name plate.

My favorite sounds came from the Classic channel. The cleans are very JTM45 like and the crunch is like a awesome JCM800. I wish Marshall would put out an amp with just these 2 channels. Make them switchable and they would sell like hot cakes if priced right.

The Ultra channel is just something I can't get into. Very rough and unrefined. Just like the DSL100, it's not my cup of tea for high gain.

At $2000, it's just not worth it, unless you're a collector. I've seen DSL100 half stacks for half the price.

Once again, if Marshall did a amp with the Classic channel's clean and crunch setting, it would make a mint.

My 2 cents. Thanks for listening.

J-Roc

Trending Topics