Marshall C5 mods

Bob V

OK these things have hit the shores for a few months now, so some of you amp geniuses have figured out how to add a presence control or a master volume, right?

So lets hear any ideas on the Marshall Class5. I'm not even sure that the single ended amps have a negative feedback circuit where you could replace a resistor with a pot for a presence control, but has anyone sussed this out yet?

By the way, foam or felt on the chassis and new tubes are great ideas to handle the rattle, but I don't think you guys would consider those "mods."

I'm beginning to think that the BillM mod kits for my Blues Jr. has created a monster in me for amp tweaking...

slagg

I like the way it sounds already,don't think there is much to mod.as far as putting a master on it,it would take away what it is.Maybe something like VVR curcuit would be cool.Maybe someone else may have some ideas.I'm gonna pick one up after I recoop from the holidayz.I think the only mods I'll be doing will be speaker wise.To me it's a heck of a good sounding amp as is,ymmv.

Bob V

Be careful about the speaker depth, there's not much room in there. By the way the stock speaker has plenty of low and and sounds pretty nice.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I would definitely like to see an MV on this amp or possibly attenuation, power scaling, etc... it would be a no brainer for a home only player like me at that price point.

pgissi

I would definitely like to see an MV on this amp or possibly attenuation, power scaling, etc... it would be a no brainer for a home only player like me at that price point.

It is a loud little sob for sure.

I was thinking about a switchable master for home practice and the only thing holding me back is where to put the pot. Could do dual ganged pot I guess. Not crazy about in-line attenutators especially since I just about dime this thing, I dont like to risk smoking it.

I was thinking a dedicated external 1x12 with one of those Emi FDM speakers. I like the idea of throwing away efficiency mechanically rather than electronically

http://www.ziogiorgio.com/viewnews.php?id=25498

Trending Topics