Marshall Class 5

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Gtowngearhead, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Gtowngearhead

Gtowngearhead Member

So I did a search for this, only found someone saying Marshall used the cheapest tubes possible... I was wondering how this stacked up to similar amps, IE Bugera V5, Fender Champ 600, Vox AC4... Especially interested in if the Marshall is worth the extra $250, or if that's just because it says "Marshall" across the front and has "Bluesbreaker" in the description.

P.S. - Does it sound anything at all like the bluesbreaker?

Thanks

2. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

I tried one... it's a nice sounding amp. It does have the BB vibe to it. The one I tried DID have the cabinet rattle issue that it has been rumored to be prominent. I'll tell you this though... 5 watt Marshall made in the UK with a 10" speaker and being super portable just might be worth $349 if they can come up with a fix for the rattle.

I want them to make a Class 10 with a 12" speaker and larger cabinet... maybe that'll get rid of the rattle. I'd pay $500 for one of them if they release it!!!

3. slagg

slagg Member

there is a long thread on this forum on this amp.In short it sounds real good,loud,but has rattle issues,but all have seemed to be pleased with the tonez

4. teleamp

teleamp Senior Member

Marshall has rectified the rattle issues and will replace any amp that got by. Made in the UK has to be worth a little more $$$ than if they had outsourced production to China (at least that means something to me).

I'm waiting for my LGS to get one... I'm interested... if it rattles, I'll let the warranty replace it.

5. shakka2009

shakka2009 Member

I decided to get one as the spirit of JO BONAMASSA came upon me
    nice little combo;)

6. Gtowngearhead

Gtowngearhead Member

Well I couldn't find the thread.. Guess I still can't use the search function correctly. Thanks everyone.

7. sixgunn

sixgunn Member

Do you have a link for that?

8. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

9. teleamp

teleamp Senior Member

IIRC, I read it on the Marshall forum, one of the factory reps replied to the "rattles" thread they had going. He said that they started receiving complaints and made a production change and that any amp that had the rattle issue would be replaced under warranty.

10. sixgunn

sixgunn Member

Cool, thanks....