Marshall crunch plus Tele snarl = Sonic goodness

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by riffy, Apr 24, 2005.

1. riffy

riffy Member

Marshall crunch plus Tele snarl = Sonic goodness
    Did a quick lead clip over a backing of whose origin I am unawares. Simply called Rain, so I left it as such.

The playing isn't the greatest for sure and you can hear the single coil noise as well as a shorting guitar cord that I haven't had the time to replace as of yet.... Hope you all like the sound and I would most appreciate any comments you might have good or bad.

I really dig the tele sound!
    http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=15676

Gary

2. guitarcrazy2004

guitarcrazy2004 Member

keep it up !!!! :D sound super !!!!:D :D :D me like tele"S:dude

3. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

I have had nothing but religious experiences with my Tele and Marshall over the last few years! I like the way you can roll the tone off for some more meat if you want. I actually prefer the sound of a Tele bridge pickup to the sound of a strat bridge pickup with my Marshall.:dude

PCalugaru and Glass Onion like this.
  4. riffy

riffy Member

Thanks much mang! I am going to be making more tele clips for sure. I love the bridge pickup on the tele... IT is just so snarling and in your face!

Gary

5. riffy

riffy Member

Thanks much Rich!
    This tele is really making me pee my pants. I don't know why I haven't owned one before. I dig the sound of the bridge pickup here more than I do a Strat as well. It is just THERE. I am lovin' this guitar!

Gary

6. hemlock

hemlock Guest

Nice sweetness mixed with the snarl and bite. Just like a Tele ought to sound. I prefer a tone with less pronounced treble, but that's just me. I think you have a good combination working there!

7. Zane

Zane Member

Tele ain't just for country ...It ain't your daddy's Tele! :dude

PCalugaru likes this.
  8. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

I had a cheap ole Nashville Tele that I put a seymore duncan quarter pound in the bridge. It turned the trebly stock guitar into a RAWK MACHEEEEN!

That being said, the quarter pound does take away some of the trebly goodness that the original tele pickup has in it.:eek:

9. riffy

riffy Member

Hey thanks for listening man!
    I think overall I will go for a reduced treble sound as well. I was just reveling in the clarity of the single coils...lol. Playing one of these EXTREEEEEMELY honest guitars after years of being a humbucker only guy, the clarity of the singles just is slaying me. I can easily reduce the treble so it isn't so strident!

Gary

10. riffy

riffy Member

Zane,
    I completely concur with you!:dude It ain't my daddys tele anymore... Teles are just killer rock machines! I think I will always own one now! I am hearing awesome things about the Lentz teles.

Gary

11. riffy

riffy Member

Hey Rich,
    I really think I dig the stock pickups. Might think about a set of booty shakin' booteek pickups for it later though. But you can sure bet they will be vintage style!
    I am thinking about pulling the neck pickup and changing the pickguard to make it an Esquire!

Gary

12. Zane

Zane Member

posted by Drizzt:
    You bet Lentz's are where it's at. Put it on the bridge pup,& roll the tone back a little bit ,& your in "humbucker" territory. Got the best neck pups I ever heard! He gonna have some cool new models.
    [​IMG]

13. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

So much better than a strat for girth and cruch.

A tele is more versitile than almost any guitar and it took me 20 years to figure that out.

14. xela1

xela1 Member

link doesnt work

15. Cliffhydro

Cliffhydro Supporting Member

That link is thirteen years old.

mikebat likes this.
  16. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Another fan of Tele into Marshall style amps, as well as others. One of my favorite all time guitars.

17. xela1

xela1 Member

Oh no wonder! My oversight.

Cliffhydro likes this.