Marshall crunch plus Tele snarl = Sonic goodness

riffy

Member
Messages
1,991
Marshall crunch plus Tele snarl = Sonic goodness
Did a quick lead clip over a backing of whose origin I am unawares. Simply called Rain, so I left it as such.

The playing isn't the greatest for sure and you can hear the single coil noise as well as a shorting guitar cord that I haven't had the time to replace as of yet.... Hope you all like the sound and I would most appreciate any comments you might have good or bad.

I really dig the tele sound!
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=15676

Gary
 

HeeHaw

Member
Messages
4,961
Originally posted by Drizzt
Marshall crunch plus Tele snarl = Sonic goodness
Did a quick lead clip over a backing of whose origin I am unawares. Simply called Rain, so I left it as such.

The playing isn't the greatest for sure and you can hear the single coil noise as well as a shorting guitar cord that I haven't had the time to replace as of yet.... Hope you all like the sound and I would most appreciate any comments you might have good or bad.

I really dig the tele sound!
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=15676

Gary
I have had nothing but religious experiences with my Tele and Marshall over the last few years! I like the way you can roll the tone off for some more meat if you want. I actually prefer the sound of a Tele bridge pickup to the sound of a strat bridge pickup with my Marshall.:dude
 

riffy

Member
Messages
1,991
Originally posted by guitarcrazy2004
keep it up !!!! :D sound super !!!!:D :D :D me like tele"S:dude


Thanks much mang! I am going to be making more tele clips for sure. I love the bridge pickup on the tele... IT is just so snarling and in your face!

Gary
 

riffy

Member
Messages
1,991
Originally posted by HeeHaw
I have had nothing but religious experiences with my Tele and Marshall over the last few years! I like the way you can roll the tone off for some more meat if you want. I actually prefer the sound of a Tele bridge pickup to the sound of a strat bridge pickup with my Marshall.:dude


Thanks much Rich!
This tele is really making me pee my pants. I don't know why I haven't owned one before. I dig the sound of the bridge pickup here more than I do a Strat as well. It is just THERE. I am lovin' this guitar!

Gary
 
H

hemlock

Nice sweetness mixed with the snarl and bite. Just like a Tele ought to sound. I prefer a tone with less pronounced treble, but that's just me. I think you have a good combination working there!
 

HeeHaw

Member
Messages
4,961
I had a cheap ole Nashville Tele that I put a seymore duncan quarter pound in the bridge. It turned the trebly stock guitar into a RAWK MACHEEEEN!

That being said, the quarter pound does take away some of the trebly goodness that the original tele pickup has in it.:eek:
 

riffy

Member
Messages
1,991
Originally posted by hemlock
Nice sweetness mixed with the snarl and bite. Just like a Tele ought to sound. I prefer a tone with less pronounced treble, but that's just me. I think you have a good combination working there!

Hey thanks for listening man!
I think overall I will go for a reduced treble sound as well. I was just reveling in the clarity of the single coils...lol. Playing one of these EXTREEEEEMELY honest guitars after years of being a humbucker only guy, the clarity of the singles just is slaying me. I can easily reduce the treble so it isn't so strident!

Gary
 

riffy

Member
Messages
1,991
Originally posted by Zane
Tele ain't just for country ...It ain't your daddy's Tele! :dude

Zane,
I completely concur with you!:dude It ain't my daddys tele anymore... Teles are just killer rock machines! I think I will always own one now! I am hearing awesome things about the Lentz teles.

Gary
 

riffy

Member
Messages
1,991
Originally posted by HeeHaw
I had a cheap ole Nashville Tele that I put a seymore duncan quarter pound in the bridge. It turned the trebly stock guitar into a RAWK MACHEEEEN!

That being said, the quarter pound does take away some of the trebly goodness that the original tele pickup has in it.:eek:

Hey Rich,
I really think I dig the stock pickups. Might think about a set of booty shakin' booteek pickups for it later though. But you can sure bet they will be vintage style!
I am thinking about pulling the neck pickup and changing the pickguard to make it an Esquire!

Gary
 

Zane

Member
Messages
1,273
posted by Drizzt:
Zane,
I completely concur with you! It ain't my daddys tele anymore... Teles are just killer rock machines! I think I will always own one now! I am hearing awesome things about the Lentz teles
You bet Lentz's are where it's at. Put it on the bridge pup,& roll the tone back a little bit ,& your in "humbucker" territory. Got the best neck pups I ever heard! He gonna have some cool new models.
2183_p43063.jpg
 

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
Messages
9,070
I have had nothing but religious experiences with my Tele and Marshall over the last few years! I like the way you can roll the tone off for some more meat if you want. I actually prefer the sound of a Tele bridge pickup to the sound of a strat bridge pickup with my Marshall.:dude
So much better than a strat for girth and cruch.

A tele is more versitile than almost any guitar and it took me 20 years to figure that out.
 

xela1

Member
Messages
538
Marshall crunch plus Tele snarl = Sonic goodness
Did a quick lead clip over a backing of whose origin I am unawares. Simply called Rain, so I left it as such.

The playing isn't the greatest for sure and you can hear the single coil noise as well as a shorting guitar cord that I haven't had the time to replace as of yet.... Hope you all like the sound and I would most appreciate any comments you might have good or bad.

I really dig the tele sound!
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=15676

Gary
link doesnt work
 

sickboy79

Member
Messages
13,964
Another fan of Tele into Marshall style amps, as well as others. One of my favorite all time guitars.
 




Trending Topics

Top Bottom